When buying a used AR15... question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > When buying a used AR15... question

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default When buying a used AR15... question

Is it easy to modify an AR15 to a full Auto?
How would you know if someone did this?

I think full auto capability isn't that important, I can pull a trigger pretty fast anyway, but I've heard the story about a guy who borrowed his friends AR, which was modified and he went to jail after firing in full auto without meaning to.

So, how would you know if it has been modified without test firing it first in case you want to buy a used AR15 via private sale? Would the safety switch move past the fire mark or what?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

No it is not easy. No it is not legal. And it is quite easy to identify if it's been done, because your basic AR will cost about $10K. No one in their right mind is going to modify an AR and then sell it.

I am going to close this thread now. PM with your intent and we can discuss it, but this is not the type of thread we want open and in public view with all the lurkers we have around.

JD

Closed Thread