What's your price?? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

What's your price??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6788 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

I paid right around 1000 for my all bcm middy with the bhf lightweight upper. Only thing would be to expand on spare parts.

I wouldnt buy another ar15 as ive got my bases covered. Wife has a bcm she loves ive got a precision ar15 and a match grade A2 and bringing up the rear a colt sp1.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I sold my used $900 DPMS for $1600 ($1435 to me after consignment fee), to build the following gun for under $1300:

Noveske Lower
PSA 16" upper, MI handguard
M16 BCG, BCM gunfighter CH, MBUS flip sights
PSA/Magpul STR lower build kit

Whether that's a "tier 1" gun or not is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Probably it's a "1.5". Once I add a Vortex Sparc, it'll be a pretty even money swap for the DPMS funds. So all that really matters to me is that I substantially upgraded for free. Some of my stuff is still in the UPS system, will get a pic of the build up in a couple weeks.

All of the build has been purchased over the last 3 weeks. So the point is, good stuff can be had at fair prices even now. But you've got to know where to look and it doesn't sit on the virtual shelves for very long.
Very smart upgrade Sweeper! I dunno, those components sound pretty darn Tier 1 to me! Sounds like the perfect reason for breaking the rule of not giving up the bird in hand to get the two in the bush. Now if those little birdies just come flying in over the next weeks!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek