Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Whats your opinion of DPMS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Now the fun is over until the next perp shows up....hahaha...

OC

"magbum"

Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

when the next one shows up maybe if we dont feed em they will go away

Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #83

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

But....But....But they look so cute when you feed them and they keep coming back for more.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #84

Wow, I cant believe that on my very first post I innocently managed to cause a sh*t storm...all I can say is I'm sorry. I am truely in awe...
But once again, thanks for all the advice. I feel very confident in DPMS now and plan on getting a some good optics for it. I am not sure what kind yet. I am thinking that I might go with some kind of holographic with a magnafier, but I am not sure yet. Anyway, thanks again and I am glad to be a part of this community. I can see that you are all very committed to the site and the platform. Its good to know that so many members have a lot of experience and good advice...of course barring you know who...

Old 12-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

No worries, it wasn't you. Enjoy yourself here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #86

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonCrazy View Post
I feel very confident in DPMS now and plan on getting a some good optics for it. I am not sure what kind yet. I am thinking that I might go with some kind of holographic with a magnafier, but I am not sure yet.
There are several better choices.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #87

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi View Post
What I find ironic is that even though Waterman had posted links to several web sites that are filled with nothing but elitist dribble, that even some of the elitists on those particular web sites offer a lot more constructive criticism than he does. If you actually go to the source of all the craze with 'The Chart' you'll find out that even the man who created it doesn't crap on AR brands as much as people think. In fact Rob_S, the man who created the infamous chart, states in another thread that is stickied on M4Carbine.net that you don't need the latest, greatest brand to create a STHF, war faring carbine.

While he stresses that it would be preferable to buy one of the top of the line models for such a purpose, all you really need to do is swap out a few key parts to make your rifle run with the best of them. And if your preferred route is just to run it as a target rifle, then DPMS is fine for the job (if not more than fine). It is funny how Waterman wanted everybody to re-read the context of his posts, but failed to actually see into the full context of the messages given out by the individual who created 'The Chart' in the first place. As Waterman himself said, "ignorance is bliss!" (At least for some of our mods and the magic ban hammer. )

Therefore, to the OP and TC, enjoy your DPMS. Regardless of what some schmucks out there will say, you still got yourself a fine rifle to enjoy the wonders of shooting.
Quoted for truth!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #88

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My opinion... Not my favorite, but I suppose you could do worse. I know there are some good ones out there and it would be easy to upgrade.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #89

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have no experience with DPMS or it products so will not comment directly on them. DPMS is now owned by a venture capital firm, Cerberus Capital, which also now owns Remington, Marlin and some other well-known firearms-related brands. Cerberus is "rolling up" a variety of brands to create a large entity which it intends to take public through a stock offering somewhere down the road. If the way they conduct business at Remington is an omen of how they will conduct business at the other brands, I will avoid anything Cerberus has a hand in. Cerberus' goal is to fatten the bottom line to make its firearms foray as attractive as possible to investors (a goal I would wholeheartedly support if there were any indication they also were committed to producing quality products and standing behind them). Product quality, customer service and satisfaction and similar considerations seem to be regarded as unnecessary expenses. Cerberus is the same firm that delivered the coup de grace to Chrysler. If the experience many of us are having with Remington is an indication, they seem determined to work the same "magic" in the firearms universe. I, for one, choose to buy no current production anything -- whether guns, ammunition or accessories -- that has a Cerberus connection.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #90

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks, I'll be watching for their stock when they go public. I love Capitalism.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.