Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Whats your opinion of DPMS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #72

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow, you guys are like prophets or something...

Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #73

Who was the man behind the scenes telling Eugene what he was doing wrong and how to improve his idea? Thats right...it was Waterhead! He was there man. The rest of ya dont know crap. If it werent for the waterhead, our AR's would be made out of cast iron and balsa wood. I can only thank God Waterhead was on the scene to set Eugene straight.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #74

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Oh. I got to one simple lunch with the crew and miss all the fun....

And I was SOOOOO looking forward to Waterheads useful insight.

Reminds of that toolshed we had running around here for awhile AR Hammer, and that other "sell your first born and buy brand "X" or your AR will leave you dead in a ditch Kelly TTE.

Those guys always know the best of everything. Too bad they are just parrots for other morons who are slightly sharper than the leading edge on a given meatball....

So long sucka! You won't be missed.... *waving*

JD

Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #75

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

DPMS by Slo

Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #76

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was so looking forward to something by are own lovable pollster Benning Boy and then the whip came down. JD, you still the man.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #77

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I was so looking forward to something by are own lovable pollster Benning Boy and then the whip came down. JD, you still the man.
Was Not I!! *looking around*

I was gone to lunch. Came back and someone else had terminated with extreme prejudice.

Not that I would not have relished the SQUASH, but alas, this time I was deprived by a fellow, nameless, mod.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #78

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Wow, you guys are like prophets or something...
Mystery mod indeed

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #79

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

What I find ironic is that even though Waterman had posted links to several web sites that are filled with nothing but elitist dribble, that even some of the elitists on those particular web sites offer a lot more constructive criticism than he does. If you actually go to the source of all the craze with 'The Chart' you'll find out that even the man who created it doesn't crap on AR brands as much as people think. In fact Rob_S, the man who created the infamous chart, states in another thread that is stickied on M4Carbine.net that you don't need the latest, greatest brand to create a STHF, war faring carbine.

While he stresses that it would be preferable to buy one of the top of the line models for such a purpose, all you really need to do is swap out a few key parts to make your rifle run with the best of them. And if your preferred route is just to run it as a target rifle, then DPMS is fine for the job (if not more than fine). It is funny how Waterman wanted everybody to re-read the context of his posts, but failed to actually see into the full context of the messages given out by the individual who created 'The Chart' in the first place. As Waterman himself said, "ignorance is bliss!" (At least for some of our mods and the magic ban hammer. )

Therefore, to the OP and TC, enjoy your DPMS. Regardless of what some schmucks out there will say, you still got yourself a fine rifle to enjoy the wonders of shooting.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Last edited by Major Kusanagi; 12-07-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water-Man View Post
By the way, most of those instructors, gunnys and spec-op people know a hell-of-a lot more than you do!
As someone who spent time in the military, has been deployed to the armpits of the world, and was married to a guy in the SOF community, I can tell you that experience in the service does not always equate to knowledge of particulars.

If I had a dime for every time I heard some Gunny talk about the fiddy removing a body part because of a near miss, or the spring from the duce busting through a person and a brick wall I would be able to retire.

No this does not take anything away from our boys and girls risking their lives for us. But it does say that simply knowing how to shoot move and communicate does not make you an expert on what is better, Colt or FN, or DPMS or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water-Man View Post
Go to M4Carbine.net
Click on:AR Technical Discussion
Click on:Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands
Click on: Link to Google Doc of chart
So you want us to go to another forum to read someone elses words? Why don't you just explain things yourself.

Anyway. Too bad he was banned. I miss all the fun. He has just become a martyr for other idiots in his cause to dumb the world down.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."