Whats your opinion of DPMS? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Whats your opinion of DPMS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water-Man View Post
There are several better choices. Could ya share with the rest of us?
Quote:
Do you REALLY want to learn? Yes, Please
Quote:
I've been around the platform for 45 years! So what? No matter how long you 'claim' to have experience it appears you haven't learned much from it. Your mind is made-up already. Ignorance is bliss!

P.S. Re-read the original post and you'll see that the OP asked for opinions about DPMS and said NOTHING about price. Still waiting for some helpful info
Quote:
By the way, most of those instructors, gunnys and spec-op people know a hell-of-a lot more than you do! I sure hope they do, It'd be nice to learn something from them
Im trying to learn. Along with many others here.
How about some insight on you're opinions based on you're experiences? Share the wealth, so to speak.

So far all I see is 4 empty post with no substance

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #22

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I pissed off a buddy who complained his DPMS wasen't accurate. I asked if I could give it a go and he said sure but it shoots about 3" groups at 100 yards. I shot it 10 times and turned in a 1" group. I said huh shoots ok for me. AN ar is an AR in my book. The military ones were not all that well made really. I spent plenty of time with one. You have to remember Military weapons are my in mass by the lowest bidder.

Now from looking at many of your post I can say one thing. You are very angry about something. You are not pleasant in many of your post Mr. Water-Man. I am not sure why you are they way you are but if you wish to be a part of the community called Firearms talk you should go out and check the attitude at the door bro. We welcome all in to our online home until you show your azz then we will promptly kick you right square in the middle of it out the door and be done with it.

Just in this thread you have insulted senior members and supporting members alike members that are in much better standing that you. I would think about changing your attitude or your going to end up standing in the line of ponch picture holders.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Do you REALLY want to learn?

I DO!!! PUH-LEEEZ pick me to learn your vast knowledge. I have no idea what an AR is compared to your knowledge on the subject so please, enlighten all of us.
Bein ignit and stuff, you may have to type slow...I cant read too fast.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 12-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #24

Wow....I'm sorry for asking this question. I did not mean to stir the pot so to speak. Thanks for the advice. You guys confirmed what I was told by my local gun dealer when I bought the rifle. I am going to hang on to the rifle and and enjoy it. I guess DPMS is a contraversal company....who knew?

Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonCrazy View Post
I guess DPMS is a contraversal company....who knew?
Nah. What we have is a bunch of guys who know the difference and one guy who wants to be the Interwebz Expert.

DPMS is a good company. We have one member who has 3 of their rifles, including (2) .308 AR-10's and they shoot like a dream. He has posted some Range Reports and they were impressive.

Bottom line, with almost ANY AR out there, if you understand the platform, and you understand what makes it run and what makes it shoot, you can build an AR for a lot less money that will outshoot, outrun and flat make a bitch out of some of the pre-made, put together guns that are out there.

Why?

Because the platform is not THAT damn complicated. Free float the barrel. Alleviate harmonics. Get a good trigger. A few other tricks and you can have a tack driver that is as good as a lot of auto-rifles out there.

Just take care of it, learn about the platform and you will be fine. The weapon will take care of you if you take care of it.

JD

Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonCrazy View Post
I guess DPMS is a contraversal company....who knew?
I for one didn't. I just got my sweet sixteen within the last few weeks, and have heard nothing but good things about them. But then again I'm no "mall" ninja, so I dont hear all the good gossip or should I say insider info. But I'll take these guys at their word, its a great starting stick. Not to mention I doubt you will find anyone that will test how good DPMS is if you are forced to defend yourself with it.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Hey JD, you get your range report tomorrow evening, taking the girl out for the first time, and I hope to give you another report to go with it, I'm excited as a girl on prom night

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #28

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post
Hey JD, you get your range report tomorrow evening, taking the girl out for the first time, and I hope to give you another report to go with it, I'm excited as a girl on prom night
Awesome jwhirl! Looking forward to the report and working with you to getting that stick dialed in.

JD

Old 12-06-2009, 03:23 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Let's see, I have two DPMS's. One 20" SS bull, and an M4. The bull gave me some trouble for a while. I was having trouble with it feeding and cases sticking in the chamber. (No, no Wolf garbage, brass only). I got some bore paste and cleaned up the chamber and that made it operate a little better.

I don't have anything bad to say about them. There made in Minnesota! All in all, I think there a pretty darn good product. My last build was a RRA lower and DSA upper. (as shown).

img_4759-1.jpg  

Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 AM   #30

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

I own a few ARs. The top one is my DPMS 16" Heavy Barrel

This typical group was shot at 100 yards with LE 69gr Gold Dots.

You can say I'm happy with DPMS...