Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Whats your opinion of DPMS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=MemphisJim1;199730] DPMS is now owned by a venture capital firm, Cerberus Capital, which also now owns Remington, Marlin and some other well-known firearms-related brands. QUOTE]

Yep...you forgot BUSHMASTER

Old 12-19-2009, 03:23 AM   #92

For a first rifle DPMS is a good choice. my first was DPMS after that i went RRA lower a built one from there. DPMS is abundant so someone is buying them.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #93

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

New guy here. I've been shooting AR's for about 3 years or so now. I started out with a DPMS Panther Bull 20 Fluted in .223. Right off the bat I was super impressed with it's accuracy and functioning. I was kind of old school and didn't believe a Semi Auto would run with 100% reliability and shoot 1/2 MOA Groups from a bench.

Well that DPMS was a tad heavier and longer than what I had envisioned, so I ended up selling it and replacing it with a Bushmaster 16" M4 ORC (which I still have). This Bushmaster was much better suited to my needs (carrying it in my Patrol Vehicle as well as a Coyote Calling Rifle).

However I missed my Bull Barrel DPMS so recently acquired a replacement. This one is a DPMS Panther Bull 20 .223. So far I have not had a single issue with it. I guess I can't imagine a better gun for the $$$.

On a different note I know 3 other officers that own, carry and use DPMS AR's and have not had a single issue with them.

To the OP, if you are pleased with your DPMS Low Pro Classic, if you are happy with the accuracy and functioning, if you are pleased with the price and the list goes on and on, then I personally wouldn't be too concerned as to what others say about brand x, y or z. Truth be known that is why that make brand x, y or z so everyone can have exactly what they want.

To me that is the bottom line, getting what the individual purchaser wants.

Larry

Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Larry,

Couldn't agree more. As long as it does what you need it to do and is reliable, then it's a good deal. I have a couple DPMS's, on SS bull 20" and an 16" M4, and there both great guns. My last build was on an RRA lower with a DSA upper, but I still have a sweet spot for DPMS, since there made in the state where I live. A friend of mine is an armorer for a couple local counties and they all us DPMS and RRA's.

Enjoy!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."