Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Whats the value of my ar15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Now 700ish. After obamas gun ban, priceless

Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #62

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor
Now 700ish. After obamas gun ban, priceless
Dude? I'm about to get it for pocket change and a corndog. shhhhh........
Old 11-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #63
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Shaker
Jon, Quentin are telling you correctly and they know about the ARs. Also you should be able to pick up a good quality forged Lower for around $100.(*Not Cast! Because there are some of them out there!) Be sure and ask about the Lower before you purchase it. Also just to give you some info. Good quality Lowers are *Forged and they are made of 7075 T-6 Aluminum.
And you still would only have $770.00 in a good AR since you have a good upper assembly. You could always trade or sell the Polymer Lower you have.

Take Care!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

TRIP,

Like the caption over your Avatar! I am with you!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #65
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7744 Times on 4473 Posts
Likes Given: 9991

All kidding aside how much is one of those polymer lowers really worth? It seems to me the PSA upper is not in question, it is only the lower. I guess it matters as to which LPK it has in it? Or since that can be transferred to a different lower does that matter? Is the LPK specific to that polymer lower?

In all honest Shaker, I wouldn't really worry about how much it is worth, but that is just me and how I look at my guns. I don't put a monetary value on them because I never sell them so it is immaterial to me. Shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it. Keep an eye on the lower and if it shows any signs of wear or breakage then replace it (maybe with this PSA stripped lower for $70.00 http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/palmetto-state-armory-blemished-lower-receiver.html ). Or replace it now and keep the polymer one for a rainy day.