Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Whats the best type of ar-15 around? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/whats-best-type-ar-15-around-65896/)

cooldude 06-06-2012 07:28 AM

Whats the best type of ar-15 around?

Know there's many brands that make ar 15 but which ones would be the best of the best? And price doesn't matter here

MrWray 06-06-2012 07:51 AM

Maybe a mod will transfer it to the AR15 sub-forum, but the answer to your question is subjective. There are quit a few good brands out there.

lbwar15 06-06-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
Maybe a mod will transfer it to the AR15 sub-forum, but the answer to your question is subjective. There are quit a few good brands out there.

Yep it depends on what you are doing with it. But hear is some good ones that are at the top. BCM, DD, stag.

cooldude 06-06-2012 08:20 AM

Lol !!my bad didn't mean to put this on handgun thread ...you can tell I'm new to this app lol

cooldude 06-06-2012 08:24 AM

What is the best ar15 out on the market?

I know there's lots of brands that make ar's but which ones are top of the line?and price doesnt matter

buckhorn_cortez 06-06-2012 12:17 PM

Depends on what you're using it for and what "best" means to you. For example, the best 3-gun is probably the JP Enterprises CTR-02. Why? Because it's purpose built for that one use. But, that doesn't mean it's better than a Colt or KAC SR15.

LaRue, Lewis, Noveske, KAC, Colt, Barrett, JP, BCM, Wilson, etc. - any of the top tier manufacturers are a toss up. Now you'll get a bunch of single word "'nuff said" posts promoting the rifle they've chosen - and then there's the "I can build a better one myself" crowd.

"Best" is the rifle that fits the use you have in mind + price. If price is no object - then choose the name you like best, color, features, operation (DI or piston) - and call it best for you. I own several by different manufacturers and what you'll find is that although the basic design is the same, the execution is slightly different (fit, finish, stock, rails, etc.) - they all shoot the same cartridge reliably and accurately.

HOSSFLY 06-06-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude (Post 826786)
Lol !!my bad didn't mean to put this on handgun thread ...you can tell I'm new to this app lol

Cudda been worse :D
DPMS fan here but i'm a simple kinda guy :)

AgentTikki 06-06-2012 03:18 PM

Nice post Bucky, just wanna add H&K, Rainer Arms, and lemme check the list.........

SSGN_Doc 06-06-2012 03:22 PM

As others said it depends on your primary use. ARs are so adaptable and the market is so huge right now that there are companies who tailor their guns to certain niche groups within the AR world.

White Oak has a great reputation in the ServiceRifle and highpower match world. JP Enterprises excells in the 3 gun world. Bravo Co., Daniel Defense, Noveske all are after the practical shooters and guys who go to carbine classes and courses. RRA has produced products for match shooters and made specialty guns with predator hunting in mind. Other companies make recreational class guns etc. (Just because I didn't mention some companies doesn't mean they fall into recreational class.)

So it really does depend on what you want, so that you can tailor the features you want to the type of shooting you intend to do. A 24" Bull barrel may be great for shooting prarie dogs or targets from a bench, but you might not want to run through a combat course with it in tight quarters.

jjfuller1 06-06-2012 04:19 PM

the best AR? whichever one is loaded and in my hands...
jokes aside, Stag,RRA, dpms,Psa,BCM, DD. there are a lot of companys selling good quality AR's and AR parts. you are pretty safe buying most of the brands. first, as stated determine the main use.