What's the best ar for the money - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What's the best ar for the money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

first of all that question is very broad and very subjective. first you need to decide what exactly you expect from an AR, what you plan on doing with it, how much of a budget you have allowed for it's purchaase and whether you want one ready to shoot or what level at which you are willing to put together your own.

mine is a very basic, older Bushmaster 16" barreled, M4A2 Patrolman's Carbine, that serves my needs very well. i bought mine very lightly used and what i felt was a decent price. my next one will be built from the ground up, because i can build the one i want much cheaper with the features i want for than what i would be able purchase ready to go off the shelf. mnay will buy one off the shelf to become familiar with the platform and learn about their operation, assembly, cleaning and maintenance, before jumping in and building an AR. it's something i suggest for someone new to the AR platform and helps get them familiar with them and decide what the wnat or need and what they don't want or need in one. and that's one of the beauties of the AR platform, is that they are easily adaptable to just about anyone's needs or wants.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
first of all that question is very broad and very subjective. first you need to decide what exactly you expect from an AR, what you plan on doing with it, how much of a budget you have allowed for it's purchaase and whether you want one ready to shoot or what level at which you are willing to put together your own.

mine is a very basic, older Bushmaster 16" barreled, M4A2 Patrolman's Carbine, that serves my needs very well. i bought mine very lightly used and what i felt was a decent price. my next one will be built from the ground up, because i can build the one i want much cheaper with the features i want for than what i would be able purchase ready to go off the shelf. mnay will buy one off the shelf to become familiar with the platform and learn about their operation, assembly, cleaning and maintenance, before jumping in and building an AR. it's something i suggest for someone new to the AR platform and helps get them familiar with them and decide what the wnat or need and what they don't want or need in one. and that's one of the beauties of the AR platform, is that they are easily adaptable to just about anyone's needs or wants.
That makes sense I've been shopping around lookin to see what all I would want on one I was expecting to spend bout a thousand for one maybe a little less then over the next year just kinda add to it to make it fit me

Old 07-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #13

Liked 1137 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 2025

Ithink for what your looking for this is a bargain and still leaves you with extra cash for optics and or ammo . FN barrel
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Palmetto_State_Armory_AR15_M4_ORC_16_Chrome_Lined_ p/gun-psam4-clf.htm