What are these worth? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What are these worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The colt is 9 times out of 10 always going to cost more your paying for the name I wouldn't take no less than 125 for it

Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #12

I'd say $100 at the most, just because it's a colt. $70 for the bushmaster. Considering I can buy a Stag receiver for $100 new, I'd give $100 for a used colt receiver. I bought my PSA receivers for $75 plus shipping new. There's no telling how much battering a used receiver's taken.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_reed View Post
My LGS sells stripped Spike's for $83 but that's plus tax and background. On a FTF deal, I would say the BM is worth $100 and maybe a little more for the Colt.
I wanted a spike but I can't find them for crap, even on the internet. Where is this out of?

Old 12-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernomic

I wanted a spike but I can't find them for crap, even on the internet. Where is this out of?
There are a lot of companies online that sell Spikes stripped lowers. Just go to WWW.spikestactical.com and click on the lowers section. There is also a company called DSG Arms that sells spikes lowers for $85 (I think it was $85, definitely no more than $90) it is their receiver with their basic spider rollmark, but I personally don't care for their other rollmarks anyway.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirtRIPPA View Post
There are a lot of companies online that sell Spikes stripped lowers. Just go to WWW.spikestactical.com and click on the lowers section. There is also a company called DSG Arms that sells spikes lowers for $85 (I think it was $85, definitely no more than $90) it is their receiver with their basic spider rollmark, but I personally don't care for their other rollmarks anyway.
Backordered on every site, including that one. I already bought the PSA receivers, but if I could get ahold of a zombie spike I would be happy.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggernomic

I ordered mine from Shooter's Depot in Chattanooga, Tn. Should be in next week.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

So are you in CA now? I'm pretty sure a regular civilian can't have an AR there with a Colt lower, period. Or a lower that's stamped AR-15. And I think that Bushmaster isn't on the approved list too. Don't know about other ban states, you'd have to find out before selling. (Anyway, that's probably why your friend never used these lowers in CA.)

If you must sell out of state you'll incur an FFL transfer fee on your end and the buyer will on his end which would be at least $25 each. Let's say you get $80 for the BM, well that's going to push it up pretty high. Maybe you could get $150 for the Colt but then slap on two transfer fees. Face to face sales locally would be the way to go since anyone in the know can find a lower just as good for $80 or less + one transfer.

Now of course you could stumble across someone who will pay anything (say for the Colt), but the above is just the likely scenario.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
So are you in CA now? I'm pretty sure a regular civilian can't have an AR there with a Colt lower, period. Or a lower that's stamped AR-15. And I think that Bushmaster isn't on the approved list too. Don't know about other ban states, you'd have to find out before selling. (Anyway, that's probably why your friend never used these lowers in CA.)

If you must sell out of state you'll incur an FFL transfer fee on your end and the buyer will on his end which would be at least $25 each. Let's say you get $80 for the BM, well that's going to push it up pretty high. Maybe you could get $150 for the Colt but then slap on two transfer fees. Face to face sales locally would be the way to go since anyone in the know can find a lower just as good for $80 or less + one transfer.

Now of course you could stumble across someone who will pay anything (say for the Colt), but the above is just the likely scenario.
I'm not in CA, I'm in nevada. That's why he sold them to me. He didn't want to have them in his possession in Cali. I can sell them here with no problem. I'll probably just build them now since I paid $150 apiece for them. Looks like I should have done this research first. Oh well, now I have an excuse to do a bull barrel. :-)

Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Well I've got to say a lot of folks would love building on a Colt stripped lower so you didn't get hurt too bad on that one. If I had stumbled across one I'd also have paid $150. I bet the pony will add $80 to the overall value of a good build so you're ok there.

The BM dinged you, about twice what it's worth in a free state, with so many good lowers out there. But if that's the worst AR mistake you make, no big deal! And since it doesn't sound like you had to fill out federal paperwork or pay transfer fees, shipping and tax, it's sounding a little better all the time. You hear of $50-80 lowers all the time but by the time you get it rung up another $40 or so is on your card.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #20

Would a completed rifle with a colt lower fetch more sale $ than one with a PSA? I mean obviously it would, but a significant amount?