What is so dangerous about a pistol grip? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What is so dangerous about a pistol grip?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #21
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1760 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 5330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Michael Savage said it best, "liberalism is a mental disorder"... He's right!
Oh Shlt, if this get's qualified, then they get EVEN MORE tax dollars.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2194 Times on 1292 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I have yet to figure out a reason for banning a flash hider except ignorance. I can only guess they think the flash hider makes the gun invisible at night.
Don't know. In european countries sound supressors are prefered by teh public to reduce sound pollution and risk of hearing damage. They are not thought of as evil and worthy of extra paperwork and tax stamps over there.

Again, logic is not part of the equation. They tell people that it contributes to military characteristics and that they should be affraid of it. Then the sheeple become afraid of it. I have baynet lugs on 16" barreled ARs that cannot properly mount a bayonet, but that practical fact doesn't matter. In ban states they are illegal wheter they can be effectivly used or not.

My Springfield Armory M1A has a bayonet lug on it, but I don't think I could bring myself to mount a bayonet on it and mess with barrel harmonics. Oh, and it's OK to have a bayonet on a bolt action gun or a Garand or some other C&R semi-autos like some SKSs but not others. Bizaar.

And why should they worry about a bayonet? If a rifleman does his job, no one should get close enough for a bayonet to come into play.

Again, emotion not reason.