What sight to get? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What sight to get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 04:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Thanks everyone. Jonm, why do you choose rock river arms sights over like say a colt carry handle or psa?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6726 Times on 3582 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Thanks everyone. Jonm, why do you choose rock river arms sights over like say a colt carry handle or psa?

only in the match grade carry handle.

rra has the only detachable carry handle that tracks true out to 600yards. even on closer ranges the clicks are even and repeatable. if you move the sight 8 clicks you get 2" of impact shift each click is the correct ammount.

other carry handles either dont reach out to 600 or have true predictable click adjustments or both.

this includes colt. if your just talking about the non match carry handles no real difference.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #13

^ Ok cool, its a bit expensive but sounds like its worth it. I was looking at the matech buis, are they any good? I am thinking ill get that and a red dot or the rra carry handle.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #14

Ok, I have have a final decision to make...
http://swfa.com/Optisan-1-4x24-Mamba-EAR30-Mount-Combo-P51887.aspx

or a Vortex SPARC 1

I scrapped the iron sight idea as a primary sight because I would value these optics more if I choose to attend some competitions by my house. Nothing major, the range sets up some 3 gun type stuff and steel targets and I want to do that. I want to purchase one of these by saturday so what do yall think?

Old 05-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4109 Times on 2795 Posts
Likes Given: 2038

At 300 yards for stationary targets you need a scope. You can have a 1-4x red dot combo called Leupold Fire Dot but it ain't cheap.

Or you can go with a red dot for close ups and a separate magnifier for distance.

Last edited by Mercator; 05-08-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: expanded