At What Point Does It Become a Numbers Game? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > At What Point Does It Become a Numbers Game?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

mjkeat, i can see where kenhesr is going on this and i agree and your point is valid also. some people are single minded in their collecting or owning firearms, just as car guys are with cars. some like varied collections, some only like one type or one brand. my collection of rifles is primarily bolt action rifles, but has some others in it also, but the bulk of it will always be bolt actioned rifles. on one hand, it may seem obsessive, and on the other, completely rational after many years of collecting or building. depends on how someone decides to view it. for some it is about numbers though.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #12

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Well, I for one can understand the guy's motives. Collecting has nothing to do with logic. People collect what they like, and they are usually proud of their collections and like to show them off. I see nothing wrong with that. At least this guy is collecting modern weapons that have some functional value. I, on the other hand, collect obsolete Russian and Soviet bolt action rifles. I am almost embarassed by how many of them I own. The number I own make me a light-weight compared to some folks I converse with. But then again, I saw, not long ago, for sale at an antique store, a collection of condoms. Yep, condoms. To the collector's defence, at least they were still "unfired in the box", but I still wondered about who in the world you could show them off to..........

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 03-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm not against collecting at all. I have multiple ARs that fall under the same category of usage. Maybe I'm more of a minimalist than I though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."