What parts are critical to accuracy? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What parts are critical to accuracy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
I have a Del-Ton AR and the quality is very good. I paid $699 for the complete Rifle.
I have not had a problem with it at all. A big plus for me is that they are only 42 miles down the road from me.

I think you would be happy with the Del-Ton.
Right on. I bought my stripped lower this afternoon, and I've pretty much decided to go ahead with the del-ton for several reasons.
1. Price.
2. Price.
3. Mix and match components from same company means the parts I want, in one package, with one shipping fee.
4. I've heard almost entirely positive things about del-ton from several forums (though obviously this one is the best...).
5. The extra money can go to the ammo I'll need to burn getting to know my rifle.
6. Did I mention the price?

Thanks, gentlemen.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Daggle - You should be fine.

Look, I have said this a hundred times, the lower is probably one of the least important parts of an accurate/functional AR. The Upper is right there close on that list too.

As long as you buy one from a reputable maker ( and Del Ton has been good to a lot of folks we know through the shop ) you will be fine.

Just don't go buying a pot metal one out of China or some place like Uncle Fred's Tire Shop and AR-One-Stop-Buying-Center, you will be fine.

JD