what kind of ammo do you shoot in your AR's? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > what kind of ammo do you shoot in your AR's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Today I got to shoot a few quick mags full of a mixture of steel and brass. I loaded them every other round to see if it would cycle and it functioned perfectly. Did some slow fire bench rest shooting to get the new aimpoint sighted in then moved to standing fast fire. Wish I would of had more time to shoot.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5925 Times on 3351 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyone View Post
Today I got to shoot a few quick mags full of a mixture of steel and brass. I loaded them every other round to see if it would cycle and it functioned perfectly. Did some slow fire bench rest shooting to get the new aimpoint sighted in then moved to standing fast fire. Wish I would of had more time to shoot.

no kidding. don't we all!

Winston Churchill

Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #63

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Tula primers vary in depth. Some are flush with the back of the case and some are buried. The rest are somewhere in between. I was not getting the same bang each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Now billt gonna come in here and start his anti-steel rant about how only quality guns don't shoot steel.
Christ, forget the guns. How about shooting ammunition that at least has primers seated to the same depth.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5925 Times on 3351 Posts
Likes Given: 5477

If the primer is seated to the bottom of the pocket, like it's supposed to be there will always be a little variation in depth, unless you're using match grade brass, that's been hand sorted.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #65

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have a great idea, lets demand that our firearms be in spec so they function properly.

I know it's not an astronomical amount but I ran through 900 uneventful rounds this week. All but maybe 116 (29 per mag, 4 mags) were Wolf. At a savings of $100 per 1k rounds I can make up the $100-$200 price difference it costs to purchase a quality AR in short order.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."