What exactly will the AWB (If passed) mean for us? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What exactly will the AWB (If passed) mean for us?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Here are some of my early predictions:

The private sale of firearms (ie:"gun show loophole") is gone. Forget about it, it will be a thing of the past. There will not be a legal weapons transaction done in this country that does not include a background check. Bank on it - there is too much traction for this and the majority of gun owners actually support this.

There will be a lot of our money wasted on medical studies, gun-safe design and anti gun propaganda.

There will still be "AR's", but not new 30 round magazines. The price of a used 30 round magazine for any semi-auto will be so high, you will think twice before firing at the range for fear of wearing it out.

Obama has never met a tax he didn't like. Look for additional taxes on firearms and ammo to pay for school crisis training, counselors, anti-gun propaganda and of course teaching the medical community how to ferret out bad gun-owning parents via interrogating your kids.

Millions of 9 mm owners, who chose the caliber for volume of fire versus size of bullet, will scratch their heads and ask "why did I do that?" - sales of .45acp increase

Look for people who have firearms or wish to purchase a firearm someday to lie to their doctor - or stop going. Look for doctors to over-report potential killers based on the guidelines the Govt gives them. (for example, if you are a gun enthusiast, you are mentally ill.......)

Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #22

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

I don't see any harsh anti-gun legislation getting through the House.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #23

Liked 165 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
I don't see any harsh anti-gun legislation getting through the House.
Me neither. Reid has said he won't push anything in the Senate that can't pass the house. I doubt Boehner wants to commit political suicide so he won't bring anything up.

I still think the private sale background check idea is one that could be challenged in the SCOTUS even though personally I don't think it's a bad idea. It may make it a little more difficult for a criminal to buy a gun and avoid the check. I won't sell to anyone privately without them having a background check. It's,not worth the risk to me

Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #24

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

There are county sherifs that are already saying publicly that they will not enforce the laws if they pass, I have a feeling there are a lot more that are feeling the same way but are not going to say that publicly .

Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #25

Liked 602 Times on 322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs
There are county sherifs that are already saying publicly that they will not enforce the laws if they pass, I have a feeling there are a lot more that are feeling the same way but are not going to say that publicly .
I have three close friends that are LEO's from different agencies in California, they refuse to comply as well. They would just endanger good officers for a B.S reason. Not only do they refuse, but upper command levels don't want to comply. It's about to hit the fan boys! I'm glad they are standing their ground!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #26

Liked 168 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 139

I hate Dingy Harry Reid but, he is in bed with the NRA....Thank God. I read he talked to Obama about the AWB and that there was no way it would pass. Obozo was pissed...I hate it for him..lol.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #27

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Not one of Obamas proposals would of changed the sandy school shooting. So you ask yourself how did he come up with these ideas since NONE of them are relevant to the shooting ...well he had been planning this since day 1 in office that's a fact. It's not like he sat down with advisors and analyzed the shooting and said these things could of prevented it so lets put them to law . No relevance what so ever but he had those kids on stage with him from sandy school , how would of these laws helped them ? They wouldn't have not in the least but he's claiming it would have by having them up there . Coward hide behind kids just like al-quida

Last edited by Tenderribbs; 01-18-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Just my less than expert opinion:

ARs and other high capacity guns aren't going to banned tomorrow. They probably won't be banned this year. But the constant political/media pressure is going to result in a nutty market throughout 2013. And my opinion is that to some degree, the market has been changed permanently.
Well SAID !