What exactly will the AWB (If passed) mean for us? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What exactly will the AWB (If passed) mean for us?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

When exactly does Congress vote on AWB and mags?

PROUD DESERT STORM VETERAN, N.R.A. Member

Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #12

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

We have no idea. The Bill has not been introduced. Hold your fire don't panic they are not in range yet.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #13

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
When exactly does Congress vote on AWB and mags?
This is the least productive Congress in the nation's history...by a long shot too. You could introduce a bill that says puppies and kittens are cute and it would still be held up for years.

I wouldn't be worried about it anytime soon...if ever...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Just my less than expert opinion:

1) There will be changes in background checks, and the private sales market could change dramatically.

2) Any legislation involving specific weapons (AWB), ammunition, or capacity will have a hard time passing any time soon. Yes, they'll still go after it. But this seems destined to be a slower developing and potentially unsuccessful (for the "gun control" crowd) undertaking.

3) AR/AK/high capacity guns, parts, ammunition, and especially magazines are going to continue to have demand out-weighing supply for the foreseeable future. Probably at least throughout 2013. You will still see some available from makers/distributors at rational prices, but those will often be gobbled up in seconds and simply re-sold at crazier prices. Eventually this will result in a more permanent price increase direct from the makers. In many cases that's already occurring. Business logic sort of dictates that if the masses are fighting to be the first to hand you their money, you temper that appetite a bit by raising prices.

ARs and other high capacity guns aren't going to banned tomorrow. They probably won't be banned this year. But the constant political/media pressure is going to result in a nutty market throughout 2013. And my opinion is that to some degree, the market has been changed permanently.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #15

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
Just my less than expert opinion:

1) There will be changes in background checks, and the private sales market could change dramatically.

2) Any legislation involving specific weapons (AWB), ammunition, or capacity will have a hard time passing any time soon. Yes, they'll still go after it. But this seems destined to be a slower developing and potentially unsuccessful (for the "gun control" crowd) undertaking.

3) AR/AK/high capacity guns, parts, ammunition, and especially magazines are going to continue to have demand out-weighing supply for the foreseeable future. Probably at least throughout 2013. You will still see some available from makers/distributors at rational prices, but those will often be gobbled up in seconds and simply re-sold at crazier prices. Eventually this will result in a more permanent price increase direct from the makers. In many cases that's already occurring. Business logic sort of dictates that if the masses are fighting to be the first to hand you their money, you temper that appetite a bit by raising prices.

ARs and other high capacity guns aren't going to banned tomorrow. They probably won't be banned this year. But the constant political/media pressure is going to result in a nutty market throughout 2013. And my opinion is that to some degree, the market has been changed permanently.
Background checks on private sales may not happen without state laws

Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360

Sorry I was trying to add because its not interstate commerce. That's why today across state lines transfer through an FFL is required by Federal law but to another person in the same state the Federal Law does not apply.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

All obummer did was pass se stupid laws, some things he should have done already. One being appoint a head of the BATFE. He scolded congress by saying they shouldn't protect their funding from gun lobbying groups, and should think of safety of children. http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/01/16/read_president_obama_s_new_proposed_executive_orde rs_and_legislation_on.html?original_referrer=http% 3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F%3F_rdr

Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Today on fox senate won't pass a gun bill that won't make it through the house, and the house won't vote on a bill that can't pass the senate. I think we are safe for a while.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #19

This is one occasion when I am glad they can't agree on anything. Lol

Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Sorry I was trying to add because its not interstate commerce. That's why today across state lines transfer through an FFL is required by Federal law but to another person in the same state the Federal Law does not apply.
I beg to differ. The Feds claim jurisdiction over gun sales if the gun was originally made in one state and sold in another. Just because you are selling a S&W revolver to your next door neighbor in Kentucky does not make it intrastate commerce (in their eyes). They can and will (likely) try to force all FTF sales to go through a dealer for NICS checks and possibly 4473 paperwork.

Montana has thumbed their collective nose at the Feds and said guns made in Montana, sold in Montana , never to leave Montana are beyond the purview of the ATF. That has yet to be openly challenged.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball