Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   What exactly will the AWB (If passed) mean for us? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/what-exactly-will-awb-if-passed-mean-us-81546/)

Delmonte67 01-16-2013 09:39 PM

I was talking to a few gun owner friends at work today after Obama made his speech, they were asking questions that I could'nt really answer. Maybe some of you guys can- If an assault weapons ban happens, can we still take our rifles to the range with 10 rnd mags? Will they be legal as is? (with rails, forgrips, collapsable stock ect..) Will they likely be grandfathered? Will we have to show a pre ban reciept to have it at a range, and what about older guns that have no reciept? Can say a 15, 20 or 30 rnd mag still be used only filled with 10 rnds? Or is anything that can hold more than 10 illegal to own? Or does it come down to- nobody knows the specifics and we'll find out if it happens??? A little lengthy - but curious. Any info appreciated!

clr8ter 01-16-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Or does it come down to- nobody knows the specifics and we'll find out if it happens???
I think you answered you own question........

davva360 01-16-2013 10:16 PM

After today I don't think a new AWB will pass. As for what would be in it nobody knows.

john300k 01-16-2013 10:17 PM

The ban won't even make it thru the Senate and I know it won't pass in the House...

locutus 01-16-2013 10:27 PM

Even if the Diane Swinestein version passed, you could keep your weapos and magazines. You just couldn't buy new ones or sell the ones you have.

Tenderribbs 01-16-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus
Even if the Diane Swinestein version passed, you could keep your weapos and magazines. You just couldn't buy new ones or sell the ones you have.

Does it still have to pass If he uses his executive powers ? I would assume so. and this will make our rifles of 0 value ?

john300k 01-16-2013 10:42 PM

He can NOT pass laws via Executive orders.....

locutus 01-17-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1096804)
Does it still have to pass If he uses his executive powers ? I would assume so. and this will make our rifles of 0 value ?

No matter what he thinks, HE IS NOT THE KING! He cannot rule be decree. ONLY the congress can pass federal laws.

nitestalker 01-17-2013 01:55 AM

The Clinton Ban stopped the making or importing of new large Mags. By the time it went into effect there were millions for sale. People bought and sold them all the time.
Just how in the Hell could you ban magazines? Can you Ban Horse Sh&t in a corral?:D

locutus 01-17-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1097117)
The Clinton Ban stopped the making or importing of new large Mags. By the time it went into effect there were millions for sale. People bought and sold them all the time.
Just how in the Hell could you ban magazines? Can you Ban Horse Sh&t in a corral?:D

:D:D:D Anyone who has dome machine work or sheet metal work, or body and fender work can make all he wants. It's not hard to make a magazine.

If you already have "maintenance spares" magazine springs and followers, it's even easier!:p:p:p


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.