Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What do your ARs weigh in at ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
You need to do more push ups too, huh? Ugh!
Haha. I'm 6'4" 210. I bench 320 and when I was going through post I did 82 push ups in a minute. I'm not saying I cant handle it. In fact i like the weight to absorb recoil. Just compared to my old dpms and the rra we have at work its a lot heavier. I think the weight is on the big bulky forearm.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Just curious . Weight without mag. If you shoot it with optics include that weight.
This one weighs in at 7.25# with optics 14.7" lw. I will weigh the rest of them in the morning.
Cool, but you need a glove on the forearm.I know, I have shot those types fast for minutes. The heat goes to your hand. Nice looking though.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #13

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger52 View Post
Cool, but you need a glove on the forearm.I know, I have shot those types fast for minutes. The heat goes to your hand. Nice looking though.
Yes it will get hot after 2-3 30 rd Mag dumps and does require something on your hands. I say just don't do Mag dumps with it, that fixes the problem . My troy hand guards get hotter quicker than this one. I think there not as open and hold the heat a bit more. This one has a little more breathing room.

Newest Threads