Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > what do yall think about yhm rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
It wasnt a sale tactic i used the rifle, and compared to mine it blew it out the water but then agian it cost $400 more. I sold my first to buy the second. I was just simply asking if there's any others that compare un the price range
Please don't take this wrong. I personally am not trying to make you feel bad. But honestly after spending your money, the next thing your need to ask about or plan for is how your are going to be using it. Asking for advice about your decision after its been made is a little late.

For what its worth, from everything that's I've seen and read, YHM makes good products for a good price. Most of their gear isn't ground-breaking/innovative but they work. I don't have much experience with their stuff besides a low profile gas block and some sights, but they've served me well with no fuss or muss.

I would like to say tho that my Rainer Arms RUC 16" was cheaper and a better choice for what I wanted ($1300). 16" Daniel Defense chrome lined lightweight 1x7 CHF barrel, milspec BCG, Vltor stock, Geissele SSA trigger, 12" lw freefloated handgaurds, RA STC muzzle brake, Diamondhead premium sights (2), RA tactical spork, forged lower with tensioner and flared magwell. I think you could have saved a little bit on your build by not going with a fluted barrel, and ni cor bcg for hey if you wanted that extra bling by all means.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #22

Liked 244 Times on 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

Please don't take this wrong. I personally am not trying to make you feel bad. But honestly after spending your money, the next thing your need to ask about or plan for is how your are going to be using it. Asking for advice about your decision after its been made is a little late.

For what its worth, from everything that's I've seen and read, YHM makes good products for a good price. Most of their gear isn't ground-breaking/innovative but they work. I don't have much experience with their stuff besides a low profile gas block and some sights, but they've served me well with no fuss or muss.

I would like to say tho that my Rainer Arms RUC 16" was cheaper and a better choice for what I wanted ($1300). 16" Daniel Defense chrome lined lightweight 1x7 CHF barrel, milspec BCG, Vltor stock, Geissele SSA trigger, 12" lw freefloated handgaurds, RA STC muzzle brake, Diamondhead premium sights (2), RA tactical spork, forged lower with tensioner and flared magwell. I think you could have saved a little bit on your build by not going with a fluted barrel, and ni cor bcg for hey if you wanted that extra bling by all means.
Im using it for competitions and wanted a ltwht rifle

Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #23

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Really? What kind of competition? How long are the stages? How many shots per stage? What distances will you be shooting?

Build your gun around those answers, and you will do fine.