what do yall think about yhm rifle - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > what do yall think about yhm rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

The super match.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Sigh. Why did you buy first and ask about it later? I really wish my customers were more like you...
Tikki, a short lesson in psychology: people generally make decisions emotionally and then justify them rationally afterward. A perfect example is when you spouse brings home their eighth pair of black pumps (or AR, for our purposes):

"Aren't they beautiful?" (emotional statement)

"Don't you have seven others JUST like that?"

"But...look how great it looks! (emotional) Besides, their not all EXACTLY The same.

"Uh-huh..."

Oh, and the best part - I got it ON SALE!" (rational)

Marketing people have known for years that all they needed to do to is provide the rationalization that tips the emotional desire to purchase. "Zero Interest," "30 day free trial," "Nothing Down" and the grand-daddy that started it all, "On Sale" are all mechanisms to cause the item to go home with you and let the merchant keep your money. Statistics show over 90% of all people keep an item purchased on a free trial, even when disappointed with the item!

I'm not trying to pick on the OP or anyone else here, just explaining why these posts appear regularly on our boards. :P

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #13

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Tikki, a short lesson in psychology: people generally make decisions emotionally and then justify them rationally afterward. A perfect example is when you spouse brings home their eighth pair of black pumps (or AR, for our purposes):

"Aren't they beautiful?" (emotional statement)

"Don't you have seven others JUST like that?"

"But...look how great it looks! (emotional) Besides, their not all EXACTLY The same.

"Uh-huh..."

Oh, and the best part - I got it ON SALE!" (rational)

Marketing people have known for years that all they needed to do to is provide the rationalization that tips the emotional desire to purchase. "Zero Interest," "30 day free trial," "Nothing Down" and the grand-daddy that started it all, "On Sale" are all mechanisms to cause the item to go home with you and let the merchant keep your money. Statistics show over 90% of all people keep an item purchased on a free trial, even when disappointed with the item!

I'm not trying to pick on the OP or anyone else here, just explaining why these posts appear regularly on our boards. :P
I Vote Sticky.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Ultimate_sig- that looks like a badass rifle, congrats and give us a range report some better gun pron when you get it sir!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #15

Liked 1018 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
I Vote Sticky.
Tikki, you and TekGreg might want to collaborate and do a thread on this. I also think it should be a sticky. On a basic level we all know it's true but having a sticky might help some folks. We've all been victim to this.

At least it's worth adding to the very beginning of your primer if you ever get around to Ver. 2.0!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg

Wow, you just nailed my job description. Anyone in Colorado looking for a new set of wheels?

Whenever someone tells me they want to go home and think about it for the night, I throw them the keys and tell them to bring it back in the morning. 90% closing ratio with that one :-P

Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Wow, you just nailed my job description. Anyone in Colorado looking for a new set of wheels?

Whenever someone tells me they want to go home and think about it for the night, I throw them the keys and tell them to bring it back in the morning. 90% closing ratio with that one :-P
TankTop, thanks for the unsolicited confirmation! Sales tactics have been around for centuries because they work. Knowing the tactics and having defenses ready can make us better negotiators and better consumers.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Tikki, you and TekGreg might want to collaborate and do a thread on this. I also think it should be a sticky. On a basic level we all know it's true but having a sticky might help some folks. We've all been victim to this.

At least it's worth adding to the very beginning of your primer if you ever get around to Ver. 2.0!
Tikki and Quentin, thanks for the support! I'd be happy to rework the post or turn it into a separate thread if you think it worth it! Would flagging it to attract notdku be too self-serving?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #19

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg

TankTop, thanks for the unsolicited confirmation! Sales tactics have been around for centuries because they work. Knowing the tactics and having defenses ready can make us better negotiators and better consumers.
It wasnt a sale tactic i used the rifle, and compared to mine it blew it out the water but then agian it cost $400 more. I sold my first to buy the second. I was just simply asking if there's any others that compare un the price range

Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #20

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Tikki and Quentin, thanks for the support! I'd be happy to rework the post or turn it into a separate thread if you think it worth it! Would flagging it to attract notdku be too self-serving?
I think you should totally do a "What not to do and why" thread.