What did you do to your AR today? - Page 44
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What did you do to your AR today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #431
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 532 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post

thank you
I have been waiting for the prices to go down.They were ridiculously over priced last spring.
I hear that! I bought a 10 pack for customer builds at $225 each, and that was a deal at the time!

They have a few others on sale also, a 6.8 bolt for $119! And a 5.56 basic bolt for $99. But the nickle boron really makes for a sweet, easy to clean bolt. The best price I've seen elsewhere is ~$200.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 12-11-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #432

Liked 1106 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnestopher View Post
Keep us posted on how comfortable it is. I'm curious about cheek weld. I'm tired of my Magpul CTR and Ergo F93 yanking my beard hairs out!
I will do that. Now I don't have any beard hairs to snag, but I'll report on comfort level anyway. The gun this is going on has a mid-length gas system and very very little recoil, so comfort when shooting should not be a problem.

UPS shows estimated delivery to be Wednesday the 18th. That week wait is gonna feel long!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #433

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post
I still need a BCG.Haven't gotten around to getting one yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark View Post
Spike's Phosphate BCGs for $108.29, after instant savings and coupon code, FACEBOOK. Ships for free!

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/bcgs-charging-handles/bcg/spike-s-tactical-complete-bolt-carrier-group.html

Mil-Spec 8620 Tool Steel M16 Bolt Carrier with Shrouded Firing Pin
Carrier is 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Coated inside and out with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 Hard Chrome Bore
Laser Engraved with ST Spider Logo
Mil-Spec Tool Steel Carrier Key
Carrier Key is 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Coated inside and out with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 Hard Chrome Bore
Carrier Key is installed with Grade 8 Hardware and Properly Staked
Bolt is CNC Machined from Carpenter-158 Steel
Bolt is 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Coated inside and out
All Bolts are Shot Peened per current Mil-Spec Requirements
All Bolts are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI)
Tool steel Extractor is Shot Peened, 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Coated, Fitted with a Mil-Spec Black Extractor Spring Insert and Mil-Spec Viton O-Ring
Mil-Spec Firing Pin with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 Hard Chrome Finish
Mil-Spec Cam Pin with 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Coating
Mil-Spec Firing Pin Retaining Pin with 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Coating
This may help aswell.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #434

Liked 1106 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 83

After pheasant hunting, I broke out the burnt bronze 5.56 and put another 120 rounds through it.

image-1923735866.jpg
Note to self.... Brass catcher quits catching brass when it's got about 50 pieces in it......

http://youtu.be/boJsMPNiAS4

People Like This 
Old 12-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #435

^^^^^^^^

That gun just keeps looking better every time I see it.

longunner Likes This 
Old 12-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #436

Liked 3213 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2282

Default my dusty AR

i dusted the cobwebs off my AR and decided to start investing in a bit for as my "christmas" present to me....

my s&w sport is not impressive to most here, i'm sure. i got it to explore the AR platform, and for the $679 initial investment.....i am really happy with it. it is fun, has been 100% reliable thus far, and has proven to be damn accurate (i think it has MOA potential, but i have only tested it out to 50 yards w/o magnification to this point).

anyway, i like it and i like the AR platform.

in the last few weeks i have made some minor adjustments. my biggest dilemma has been optics choice (surprise!). to this point, i added a cheek rest, rail and fore grip.....bought 3 optics (and returned 2 ). right now a nikon 1-4 m-223 sits on her. i THINK that might be the ONE for me, it is very very nice! still on the fence a little bit considering returning this scope and saving for an eotech....but not sure if i could ever spend that $ and feel ok with it.

here she is TODAY. nothing special, but she's growing on me....
my-ar-today.jpg  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #437

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i dusted the cobwebs off my AR and decided to start investing in a bit for as my "christmas" present to me....

my s&w sport is not impressive to most here, i'm sure. i got it to explore the AR platform, and for the $679 initial investment.....i am really happy with it. it is fun, has been 100% reliable thus far, and has proven to be damn accurate (i think it has MOA potential, but i have only tested it out to 50 yards w/o magnification to this point).

anyway, i like it and i like the AR platform.

in the last few weeks i have made some minor adjustments. my biggest dilemma has been optics choice (surprise!). to this point, i added a cheek rest, rail and fore grip.....bought 3 optics (and returned 2 ). right now a nikon 1-4 m-223 sits on her. i THINK that might be the ONE for me, it is very very nice! still on the fence a little bit considering returning this scope and saving for an eotech....but not sure if i could ever spend that $ and feel ok with it.

here she is TODAY. nothing special, but she's growing on me....
I like it.

It looks really nice im diggin the cheek rest and Nikon combo
Old 12-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #438
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Yeah, Looks Real nice. Like the short Foregrip(horizontal) and the Vertical one as well!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 12-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #439

Liked 3213 Times on 1917 Posts
Likes Given: 2282

thanks guys.

as said, looking through the awesomeness in this thread....my AR don't stand out too much. but i really like it. i am enjoying the platform much more than i expected, considering i am generally a "wood & steel" guy when it comes to rifles.

AR's are great fun, i am glad i have one now!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
thanks guys.

as said, looking through the awesomeness in this thread....my AR don't stand out too much. but i really like it. i am enjoying the platform much more than i expected, considering i am generally a "wood & steel" guy when it comes to rifles.

AR's are great fun, i am glad i have one now!!!
Yes they definitely grow on you! Kind of like potato chips, you can't eat just one! Try as I might my personal collection of AR's stays around five. I build myself a new one and someone buys another one....