What AR to get...windham weaponry or m&p 15? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What AR to get...windham weaponry or m&p 15?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I didn't see where the op mentioned the "sport" model. If that's $800 for the M&P15 then it's a good deal if it is in fact the sport they are trying to sell you then the price is to high.

I have the sport and it's a great gun. Its very accurate right out of the box. Its a hard gun to beat for e price.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #22

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgos929
I didn't see where the op mentioned the "sport" model. If that's $800 for the M&P15 then it's a good deal if it is in fact the sport they are trying to sell you then the price is to high.

I have the sport and it's a great gun. Its very accurate right out of the box. Its a hard gun to beat for e price.
He mentioned it had no forward assist or dust cover. Therefore, it must be a sport from what I understand.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #23

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersportgiant View Post
He mentioned it had no forward assist or dust cover. Therefore, it must be a sport from what I understand.
I checked; the M&P similar priced model also has no forward assist. My opinion is if you have a malfunction that requires the use of a forward assist, then the gun is broke and needs to be fixed. Unless you are going in the desert or being deployed, there really isn't a need for a dust cover. Just spend a couple of minutes shaking out the dirt when you are done playing for the day. I haven't had personal experience with the S&W line of AR's, but their pistols have never given me any problems, and they retain their value.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #24

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
Yes sorry that was a typo my bad.. I didnt mean to mix them with your beloved Bravo Co

Yes, "beloved" isn't too far a stretch when we're talking BCM!

Glad you like the new Windham AR, plus they are local to you. It's a feel-good story for someone to step in and employ the old Bushmaster workers. I wish them well and hope they can make a go of it.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Saw these guys at the 2012 NRA gun show in St Louis, Rifles look really nice. They are going to be my next AR purchase! They said that they will have a .308 coming out in the fall of 2012, can't wait

Live free or die

Old 04-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #26

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

You may have wait to get one but the M&P sport can be bought for around 600 dollars and if the latest magazine reviews for accuracy of the windham shows nothing great about the rifle. Just another of many out there. Many guys with the sport are shooting MOA and less when scoped. Just a good solid no frills rifle.