What AR to get...windham weaponry or m&p 15? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > What AR to get...windham weaponry or m&p 15?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Windham weaponry is like the new bushmaster. I want to buy from my local dealer because I have worked with them before and they have just opened a new store 10 min from my house and I want to support a local business. Do you guys have any suggestions on what type of AR I should get for an $800 to $900 range. I am currently trying to get into law enforcement and would love to practice with what they use and hopefully join SWAT.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #12

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I'd find out what local LE uses in your area (brands and configuration). There's a greater chance they'll be using S&W (not the Sport though) over the new kid Windham.

Get those specs and check back, we can help explain them if you want.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #13

Ok I will look into it. Thank you all for your help

Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I would suggest looking at military specification made AR's. That way the many after market parts will fit.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #15

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Lol bush lite

Wyoming is what America was

Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #16

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

The M&P15 sport is under 600 dollars localy. I paid 595 for mine. The forward assist can cause more problems for a shooter in the consumer market than not haveing it. If you have a FTF it more than likely is a mag problem and the only way to fix that is to drop and replace the mag and cycle it to get a new round in. The forward assest was mainly used when extremem coniditions with wet muddy areas come in to play. Unlike most all others ar companies S&W makes all there own metal work nad has tighter controls on it. Accuracy from a sport is also better than many other low dollar and many high dollar AR's
At 800 dollars for 760 dollar retail firearm that dealer is someone to avoid.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #17

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
The M&P15 sport is under 600 dollars localy. I paid 595 for mine. The forward assist can cause more problems for a shooter in the consumer market than not haveing it. If you have a FTF it more than likely is a mag problem and the only way to fix that is to drop and replace the mag and cycle it to get a new round in. The forward assest was mainly used when extremem coniditions with wet muddy areas come in to play. Unlike most all others ar companies S&W makes all there own metal work nad has tighter controls on it. Accuracy from a sport is also better than many other low dollar and many high dollar AR's
At 800 dollars for 760 dollar retail firearm that dealer is someone to avoid.
+1 he just told you pretty much everytjing you need to know about the sport

Wyoming is what America was

Old 01-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Like stated before Winham is the orig Bushmaster owner and employees. Bushmaster after being sold has gone to **** and I would not take the gift of one. I have handled the new weapons from Windham and they are rock solid as the original BCM was ,I would buy one of those in a heart beat. There has been a lot of buzz around here about them and anticipation of their new products coming out, I live in the next town over from them. The M&P sporter for that price is quite high and for the feel of it I would probably stay away, A true M&P is a solid unit though.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 AM   #19

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
... I have handled the new weapons from Windham and they are rock solid as the original BCM was ...
Surely you didn't mean BCM! You must have meant BM, BCM is in a different league, the big leagues.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Surely you didn't mean BCM! You must have meant BM, BCM is in a different league, the big leagues.
Yes sorry that was a typo my bad.. I didnt mean to mix them with your beloved Bravo Co