Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > well im screwed please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ View Post
I appreciate that and I'll look but the colt thing runs a bit deeper than just the AR for me
no chance you can't have it back-ordered?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #12

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I am in AZ and will sell you my AR at a GREATLY INFLATED price

Have your buddies buys you the rest if the parts and a if you ask around enough you should be able to find a lower and build your own.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #13

Liked 45 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
I am in AZ and will sell you my AR at a GREATLY INFLATED price

Have your buddies buys you the rest if the parts and a if you ask around enough you should be able to find a lower and build your own.
Agree. Model 1 sales have a variety of kits that are only missing a stripped lower receiver.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

ive had some folks i know that have poked fun at me for being a firearms person call me in the last few days telling me they cant find a ar15 and wanting me to sell them some of mine heh

just wait and see keep looking. whats making the issue worse is this time of the year is typically when the manufacture of firearms has been stopped for the last few months and back stock is sold off before the new year starts. compound that with libtards trying to ban all guns not just ar15 and here we are.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #15

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ

I agree... I built my ar its not at all difficult to do... Good luck :-D

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People Like This 
Old 12-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #16

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Check some of our local guys a call or stop by their businesses and talk to the personally to find out what their backorder times are or if they can do something for you. Being personal helps a ton. Try places like American Spirit Arms in Scottsdale, AGP Arms in Tempe, Sun Devil Mfg in Mesa or Quentin Defense in Gilbert. Hope this helps.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Unfortunately Robocop is right, I have a buddy who is now on a last minute hunt for basically any AR in our area before the possible "ban" happens and cant seem to find anything in stores/ online or the prices are unbelievably gouged beyond belief. No one knows the future of the AR15 right now, so everyone and their brother wants one. I went to buy some 223 ammo to stock up 2 days ago at a major LGS which normally carries a crap load of AR's - ziltch! not one, I barely found my ammo. I took a pic of the huge bottom shelf to show a friend. Just shotguns and hunting style rifles left. Kinda surreal. Good luck bro! If you find any model for a decent price, jump on it! D.

forumrunner_20121221_130047.jpg

PROUD DESERT STORM VETERAN, N.R.A. Member

Last edited by Delmonte67; 12-21-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #18

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Not what you had hoped for but have your buddy give you a gift certificate for the cost if the Colt. May be a year until prices get back to normal, its a sellers market now and those that have inventory are gouging. Pick up a shotgun if you need peace of mind...more than adequate to keep the goblins at bay.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5087 Times on 2893 Posts
Likes Given: 4248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
There are still some to be had online. I would recommend waiting until after Christmas. You will be fine. And don't be so hung on Colt, some will disagree, but there are other brands that are just as dependable. Most internal parts come from 1 or 2 companies anyways.
NOT!!!

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #20

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

Slim pickin's around here too. Before the shooting my Walmart had a Colt 6920, Bushamster, DPMS, Windham, Sig and Oly. I've been tempted to get the Colt the last few weeks but really don't need another AR. On Sunday the 6920 was gone. Today they're all gone. Checking with buddies it's pretty much the same thing all over Boise for ARs, stripped lowers and mags. Ammo's low too.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 12-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.