Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   well im screwed please help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/well-im-screwed-please-help-79023/)

MikeBofAZ 12-21-2012 05:22 AM

My groomsmen just went online to order my LE6920 and low and behold there arnt any..... Any help or am I screwed out of it actually there are no ar15s for sale in az that we can find at all...... So much for my joining the club. Guess I'll just watch from the sidelines

.... I'm not sure if I'm just being dramatic or over reacting but does anyone have any ideas of how to get this colt.... Or any ar anymore?

MikeBofAZ 12-21-2012 05:30 AM

On a side note I guess I'll gave a bunch of pmags, a 100 round surefire mag, full magpul furniture and a trijicon for sale lol oh and 5.11 36in bad in coyote

TBK224 12-21-2012 05:47 AM

Are you really planning on selling the above mentioned items?

willfully armed 12-21-2012 05:51 AM

He might, but im sure he'll do it in the classifieds section.

Mike, there's ARs everywhere

(In the hands of *******s, who want to screw you out of your money)

Squawk 12-21-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ
My groomsmen just went online to order my LE6920 and low and behold there arnt any..... Any help or am I screwed out of it actually there are no ar15s for sale in az that we can find at all...... So much for my joining the club. Guess I'll just watch from the sidelines

.... I'm not sure if I'm just being dramatic or over reacting but does anyone have any ideas of how to get this colt.... Or any ar anymore?

There are still some to be had online. I would recommend waiting until after Christmas. You will be fine. And don't be so hung on Colt, some will disagree, but there are other brands that are just as dependable. Most internal parts come from 1 or 2 companies anyways.

Vikingdad 12-21-2012 05:55 AM

Just hang on for awhile. This will pass and prices will come down/availability will get better. Even if they do get their bill together it still is going to take awhile before a new law can be implemented. The manufacturers will crank up production and flood the market before a new ban is enacted, prices will come down for awhile and then go back up in the panic days just before enactment. This is what happened in '94.

LaiePoi 12-21-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBofAZ

I saw ar15's for sale at 2 different gun shops today. One in chandler and one in queen creek. Didn't see any colts there though

MikeBofAZ 12-21-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaiePoi (Post 1060282)

I saw ar15's for sale at 2 different gun shops today. One in chandler and one in queen creek. Didn't see any colts there though

What shops.... Merchant firearms? Or are they in ahwatukee

MikeBofAZ 12-21-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1060260)

There are still some to be had online. I would recommend waiting until after Christmas. You will be fine. And don't be so hung on Colt, some will disagree, but there are other brands that are just as dependable. Most internal parts come from 1 or 2 companies anyways.

I appreciate that and I'll look but the colt thing runs a bit deeper than just the AR for me

robocop10mm 12-21-2012 02:16 PM

Anyone trying to buy their first AR (or ak for that matter) right now is going to face a long wait and greatly inflated price. The time to buy is passed. The time to buy was 6 years ago. Prepping at the last minute is ill advised.