Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Want to get a stripped lower but my choices are...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Default Want to get a stripped lower but my choices are...

I want to get a stripped lower to start my 300blk build. One of the larger LGS's has several in stock in the $99 to $150 range. I have seen many times that a lower is a lower and get the one with the marks you like. Are any of these on the list to avoid or a must buy? I'm going to pick one up on Monday when I put a .22 can on the 6-8 month waiting list.

Detroit Gun Works ($99)
RGuns
S&W
Rock River Arms
Para Ordnance
CMMG
And they said they have others as well but this is most of what they sell.

If the darn phone would stop ringing here at work I'd browse these makes and see what the roll marks look like!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

From the choices listed S&W and RRA would be my 1st and 2nd choices. The M&P 15 rollmark is pretty cool to boot. Spikes Tactical, Yankee Hill Machine, Palmetto State Armory and a slew of others are probably more well known and reputable than the others listed, IMHO

I believe there is a lower receiver picture thread on here somewhere that will save you the effort of looking for all the brands on Google.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #3

Try JD machine in sandiego just bought a lower and had it costumed engraved .

Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I like a lot of the Spikes Tactical roll marks myself. From your list I would chose RRA but they are in my area so I'm a little bias. You could also look at STAG, and PSA (as mentioned) but it really depends on your budget.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.