Wanna retire to Guntopia...help me plan this.... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Wanna retire to Guntopia...help me plan this....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Both Wyoming and Arizona are far more friendly than any of the eastern states. Both are open carry, concealed carry without permits. or you can get a CCW thru the mail in Wyoming. no registration of fire arms. Plus both states have more than 50% public lands to shoot and hunt on. Wyoming allows loaded firearms in transit near the driver regardless. Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming are the most gun friendly in the nation.
WOW, that's really....really free. Almost too free if there is such a thing. (just kidding)

This is what I'm talking about.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #22

Liked 1459 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Both Wyoming and Arizona are far more friendly than any of the eastern states. Both are open carry, concealed carry without permits. or you can get a CCW thru the mail in Wyoming. no registration of fire arms. Plus both states have more than 50% public lands to shoot and hunt on. Wyoming allows loaded firearms in transit near the driver regardless. Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming are the most gun friendly in the nation.
Yea, that is all well and good, but aren't you required to wear a cowboy hat and boots in Wyoming?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #23

Wyoming! Open carry is legal, CCW without a permit for residents, can still get a CCW permit to carry in many other states. You can buy a gun with no background check if you show a CCW license. Everyone here hunts, so everyone has guns and is comfortable around them. We're one of the most conservative states in the union, with one of the lowest unemployment rates, and to top it all off, no state taxes!

Only one problem with Wyoming, the wind. Many people can't stomach it. In fact, we have 75 mph gust with 50 mph sustained winds right this minute. Last week we hit 90+ mph winds.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #24

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
I agree with Durangokid about Arizona, very gun friendly and no CCW permit necessary for competent law abiding citizens. Open carry friendly too. Lots of BLM and other public land. I lived there almost 30 years, up until 1999.

And Tikki, it's got a common border with your state, you're just on the wrong side!

Idaho is very good too. You do need a CCW permit but not hard to get if you have a DD214 or take a CCW class. The Ada County (Idaho's most populous county) Sheriff has a free class people can take to qualify. Again lots of public land to shoot on and no legal waiting period for guns.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 01-18-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #25

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Yea, that is all well and good, but aren't you required to wear a cowboy hat and boots in Wyoming?
Is that a bad thing

Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Too bad Idaho is not a free state. You have to have the LEOs permission to carry concealed weapons. You must attend a class for a citizen to carry concealed in his own local.You also must have a hunting license to shoot varmints etc. In Wyoming no permits needed to carry a field or to shoot varmints. You fellows need to join the other free states.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #27

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I didn't have to take a class for CCW in Idaho, just my DD214.

And a couple things Idaho has over Wyoming, some people and less cold wind.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #28

One thing I can guarentee is that MD is worse. We can't even have more than 3 rounds in the tube of a shotgun without special permission. CCW? Forget it.

Never Forget.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBarton
1. Texas
2. Texas
3.Texas
I like how you think

Old 01-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #30

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It would be nice to add Idaho and Texas to the list of Free States. I hope the movement is at work in both states.