Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Wanna retire to Guntopia...help me plan this.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/wanna-retire-guntopia-help-me-plan-55746/)

AgentTikki 01-18-2012 04:07 PM

Wanna retire to Guntopia...help me plan this....

Yeah so I'm my 30s, and I just so bought a lotto ticket so, a man can dream right? I wanna retire somewhere, just not here in the PRK (Kommiefornia) What state is the free-est?

I want to be able to buy any hand gun on the free market!

I want to be able to but a 200 round drum on my AR is I want to!

I want to be able to use my magazine release without fishing for a $#%@$#% tool!

I want to make sell my gun in the back of a Circle K parking lot if I want to!

I want to SBR my carbines and Put a suppressor on my HD guns!

I want to be able to get a concealed carry permit without having to sleep with the Chief of Police or Mayor....

I want!

I want!

I want to get out of this GD state ><

/end rant

silverado113 01-18-2012 04:14 PM

If you are just talking about free in the sense of gun laws, I would have to say Vermont probably has the friendliest gun laws in the US.

AgentTikki 01-18-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 680740)
If you are just talking about free in the sense of gun laws, I would have to say Vermont probably has the friendliest gun laws in the US.

Good to know! Thanks! This is what I'm taking about. I've read somewhere that some NE states have pre ban post ban, no bayonet lug requirements, Vermont is not one of them?

vincent 01-18-2012 04:24 PM

Yep, Vermont is the top choice buuuut...I'm pretty happy with NC. Sure, the laws could be better but for the most part you'd be hard pressed to find a more 2A accommodating place.

towboater 01-18-2012 04:28 PM

Ya can do in Ky. State taxes are kinda high though.

silverado113 01-18-2012 04:48 PM

I like Florida personally. They do have a little bit of an expensive CCW, but there are no state taxes and you can carry ANY WEAPON with your permit! I would recommend staying in North Florida though, there's more country up there.

towboater 01-18-2012 04:52 PM

N Fla is purdy nice. I was stationed at Tyndall AFB (Panama City) back in 1990-91

trip286 01-18-2012 05:01 PM

Vermont and Alaska would be my choices besides "home". MS (home) is pretty gun friendly, I like it. It's friendlier than NC, unless NC has changed more than their castle laws in the past 6-7 years.

silverado113 01-18-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 680774)
Vermont and Alaska would be my choices besides "home". MS (home) is pretty gun friendly, I like it. It's friendlier than NC, unless NC has changed more than their castle laws in the past 6-7 years.

Yeah NC finally passed a castle doctrine law about a year ago or so I believe.

vincent 01-18-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 680789)
Yeah NC finally passed a castle doctrine law about a year ago or so I believe.

We've had it for a while now, they recently amended it to include public "personal space", vehicles and workplace.