You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Wal-Mart AR's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 27 Posts

Im ready to see see pistols on display.. If they are selling Ars and sigs why not pistols? Does your guys wally sell bulk ammo?

Old 11-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1731 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger52 View Post
I dunno if this applies to guns. But Wal-mart sells all kinds of things. Like appliences, and electronics. I have a really good friend who is an Ex for HP. I asked him if I should buy a HP laptop at wal-mart as it was less expensive, than the HP website. He said go ahead, but we make those with much less quality than the ones we sell here?

I wonder if the gunz at wallyworld are a bit of less quality? Just my .02

Heh. I bought one direct from him for about 1/4 retail. I guess he can do that 4 times a year, and not get an ass kicking.
Please stop spreading internet rumors. And why not pin down your friend and find out exactly what he means about HP. Do you think they keep a stock of inferior units? Do you think they have a different warranty plan? Do you think such a policy would be good for business? Your buddy's blowing smoke.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Last edited by Quentin; 11-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #23

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

With any other product I would agree...but not with guns because buying one requires an FFL to take delivery and do the transfer paperwork.

Those of us of a certain age can remember when K Mart was the largest retailer of guns and ammo in the US.

A few guys here remember when Sears held that title.

Wal Mart, like K Mart and Sears is a publicly traded company and is therefore at the mercy of the same political winds. All publicly traded retailers are 1 mass shooting away from making a corporate decision to drop gun sales. These guys will not risk there bread and butter product sales in the grocery and home departments to serve the shooting community if public sentiment swings against it.

The larger danger with Wal Mart is that they are actually big enough to out LGS's out of business.

I guess we'll see how well that online buying works when the only FFL available to receive and transfer your new gun is the pimple pocked kid behind the WM gun counter?

The unfortunate reality of 2A freedom is that it requires participating FFL's to conduct transfers and none of them can stay in business doing "only transfers" for you online buyers and they certainly can not afford to stock everything you want to fondle so you can run over Wal Mart and buy it there.

Go ahead and save the money... And hope you don't live long enough to regret it.

Tack

Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11489 Times on 6100 Posts
Likes Given: 11182

Tack, I gotta disagree with you on this one.

Sure, wally will put some LGS under. But they will also force the others to examine their business practices, and adapt to a changing market.

One LGS here a few years back didn't stock, and wouldn't order those "damn crinimal black guns." He's no longer in business. The successful ones cut prices and increased volume.

Don't shed any tears for the guys that "would throw the damn gun in the river" rather than sell it for less than a 40 percent markup.

And yes, I actually overheard one say that. (He's no longer in business either.)

"For your tomorrow, we gave our today."
People Like This 
Old 11-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #25

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I guess I'm fortunate to live in area with multiple good gun dealers competing with each other...highly doubt any of these guys are raking in 40% mark up.

The prices I see locally usually run within 5 to 15 bucks of Buds Guns Online when you factor in the background check and shipping on an Internet purchase.

Tack

Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #26
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho
None of the Wal-Marts near me even sell guns.
Same here, except they do sell pellet guns (including the Crosman AR-15 pellet gun). But when you're going to buy a gun, unless you're going to buy a cheap Hi-Point, or something else like that, that you are just going to keep in a draw in case of a home invasion, you should honestly go to a local gun shop where the people there know about guns.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #27

Liked 246 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Outstanding!

Maybee your LGS employees can stock shelves for Wal Mart after there employer is driven out of business...

Tack
Well at my nearest LGS, if he would get off his a$$ behind that desk he might have sold me some of the guns I drove 20 times the distance to buy. And some of the other stuff I bought at Wally world. And for $200 dollars saved even if he did get up he would have lost that sale.

How many of those mom and pop grocery stores did you try to save, spending 300 more for you food. Or small town hardware stores paying 150 more for your lawn mower. You can't blame people for getting to most bang for their buck. Most of us don't have money to throw away

Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #28

Liked 246 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
With any other product I would agree...but not with guns because buying one requires an FFL to take delivery and do the transfer paperwork.

Those of us of a certain age can remember when K Mart was the largest retailer of guns and ammo in the US.

A few guys here remember when Sears held that title.

Wal Mart, like K Mart and Sears is a publicly traded company and is therefore at the mercy of the same political winds. All publicly traded retailers are 1 mass shooting away from making a corporate decision to drop gun sales. These guys will not risk there bread and butter product sales in the grocery and home departments to serve the shooting community if public sentiment swings against it.

The larger danger with Wal Mart is that they are actually big enough to out LGS's out of business.

I guess we'll see how well that online buying works when the only FFL available to receive and transfer your new gun is the pimple pocked kid behind the WM gun counter?

The unfortunate reality of 2A freedom is that it requires participating FFL's to conduct transfers and none of them can stay in business doing "only transfers" for you online buyers and they certainly can not afford to stock everything you want to fondle so you can run over Wal Mart and buy it there.

Go ahead and save the money... And hope you don't live long enough to regret it.

Tack
And if and when that happens there will be someone there to fill the need

Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

And if and when that happens there will be someone there to fill the need
There will always be the need for LGS's because of transfers, gunsmithing, used guns, nfa restricted guns, and there is a lot of stuff that Wally World doesn't sell, like I don't think I will ever go into walmart and see an FAL, an SL8 or a PS90, although it would be cool.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 11-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Span-Q
How on earth can I find out which models of AR rifles Wal-Mart stocks...hopefully WITHOUT having to go there.
The AR's they have are:
Sig M400
Sig M400 Enhanced (od green Magpul moe furniture)
Colt M4 OPs .22 (not actually made by Colt)
Bushmaster Patrolman M4A3
Mossberg 715T Tactical
Windham SRC
DPMS .308
DPMS .223
Colt LE6920
Smith and Wesson MP15-22

The other guns they have that I wouldn't expect them to are:
Sig 522
Ruger Mini 14

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY