Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > A Visit From a Stranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Id go with the AR-10 in .308. That would make one hell of a coyote rifle. Id choose a flattop so i could slap a big powerful scope on there and get at least a 20 inch free float varmint barrel.
Ditto on this. What is meant in this quote by AR, I don't know for sure, but I have to point out that I would want an actual AR built by Armalite, not just a variant. I don't know why. Same reason Cane likes Colt's I reckon.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Ditto on this. What is meant in this quote by AR, I don't know for sure, but I have to point out that I would want an actual AR built by Armalite, not just a variant. I don't know why. Same reason Cane likes Colt's I reckon.
The thing is there are a lot of places manufacturing better ARs than Armalite.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #13

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm sure there is. I've heard great reviews on LMT, Stag, and I'm quite fond of the M&P myself. But Armalite is still the original.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

I would wake all to soon from that dream... Just like the one with
Jessica Biel in it...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #15

I've let this one go long enough, so I'll give my take. I, like many of you, wouldn't have the money to afford ammo for some of the more exotic calibers, and I'm of the school of thought that I either want a lot of ammo, or I want big bullets that go a long way.

My choice would also be a .308 AR-10. While the REPR is REALLY nice, I'm just not to keen on that side charging handle. No doubt it would work without issue, but it's different than all other AR's, so I would rather stick with only one battery of arms. My choice would be a toss up between the LMT .308, and the KAC SR-25. Either would come with both the 16 and 20 inch barrels. The LMT has the quick swap barrels, while the KAC would be two separate uppers. Not really sure of all the pros or cons of each.

One pro for the LMT is the weight saved by not having to have two upper receivers. But the KAC would be nice because each upper could have it's own optic.

It would be a toss up really, though I bet the KAC would win in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The thing is there are a lot of places manufacturing better ARs than Armalite.
Indeed. Don't get me wrong. Armalite makes a good gun, but not as good as some other manufacturers.

It would be like getting a Mercedes Benz over a Ferrari or Rolls Royce. Just because they did it first, doesn't mean they do it the best. Sure Mercedes puts out a good car, but not up to the standards of the Ferrari or Rolls, or any number of other companies.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"