Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   A Visit From a Stranger (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/visit-stranger-51509/)

FCross7 11-10-2011 02:33 AM

A Visit From a Stranger

So say you're sitting at your house, minding your own business, watching some television, or doing whatever it is you do, when your doorbell rings. You think to yourself "hmm, that's strange, I wasn't expecting anyone". So you go over, answer the door to find a very average looking man standing there. He looks somewhat familiar, but you can't quite place him.

He asks if he can come in, you say "of course". When he gets inside, he suddenly introduces himself as your estranged uncle. You've heard stories of this man from your mother, but never planned on actually seeing him, and now that you think about it, he does have the same eyes and nose as your mother. The two of you wrap each other with a warm embrace. He goes on to explain where he has been all this time, tells you about himself, you tell him about yourself. He stays for a while, the two of you have a jolly ole' time.

Just as he's about to go, he mentions that he feels terrible about being gone for so long, and would like to do something to start your relationship off right. He say's that he would like to buy you a rifle. Money is no object he says. He only has two stipulations. #1 The rifle has to be an AR variant. #2 The rifle cannot be chambered in .223/5.56.

So what do you pick?

-Fred

dragunovsks 11-10-2011 02:44 AM

Id go with the AR-10 in .308. That would make one hell of a coyote rifle. Id choose a flattop so i could slap a big powerful scope on there and get at least a 20 inch free float varmint barrel.

Now, that i think about it ive always wanted a .50 Beowulf upper for my ar also, for those times when you need to stop a speeding car...haha

jeepejeep 11-10-2011 04:21 AM

Well since I already have a 450 Bushmaster that I really like, I guess an AR10 in 338 Federal it would be!

mjkeat 11-10-2011 03:18 PM

I'd go with an 18" 308 from Noveske or a 20" LWRC REPR w/ a 16" barrel kit.

fmj 11-10-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 623779)
Id go with the AR-10 in .308. That would make one hell of a coyote rifle. Id choose a flattop so i could slap a big powerful scope on there and get at least a 20 inch free float varmint barrel.

Now, that i think about it ive always wanted a .50 Beowulf upper for my ar also, for those times when you need to stop a speeding car...haha

^^^^^Yeah, that right there ^^^^^

Redarrow18 11-10-2011 06:05 PM

I'd probably get a .308 remington R-25, I could use a new hunting ar :)

silverado113 11-10-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7 (Post 623767)
So say you're sitting at your house, minding your own business, watching some television, or doing whatever it is you do, when your doorbell rings. You think to yourself "hmm, that's strange, I wasn't expecting anyone". So you go over, answer the door to find a very average looking man standing there. He looks somewhat familiar, but you can't quite place him.

He asks if he can come in, you say "of course". When he gets inside, he suddenly introduces himself as your estranged uncle. You've heard stories of this man from your mother, but never planned on actually seeing him, and now that you think about it, he does have the same eyes and nose as your mother. The two of you wrap each other with a warm embrace. He goes on to explain where he has been all this time, tells you about himself, you tell him about yourself. He stays for a while, the two of you have a jolly ole' time.

Just as he's about to go, he mentions that he feels terrible about being gone for so long, and would like to do something to start your relationship off right. He say's that he would like to buy you a rifle. Money is no object he says. He only has two stipulations. #1 The rifle has to be an AR variant. #2 The rifle cannot be chambered in .223/5.56.

So what do you pick?

-Fred

What if he's an ATF spy? J/k AR-10 in .308 as a few have mentioned.

dog2000tj 11-10-2011 06:31 PM

An AR in .338 Lapua - Bad News .338 Lapua Semi-Auto from Only Long Range

JTJ 11-10-2011 06:45 PM

I had a couple of strange uncles but no estranged ones. With my family background I would wonder if it was hot. Because of ammo availability and cost, I would pick a 308. The uncle may be rich but I am not. Of course he would be close to 100 years old and maybe I am his only heir.:)

Redarrow18 11-10-2011 10:12 PM

I kinda want an estranged unlce now, maybe he'll show up at my door step and buy me guns;)