UTG Pro Weaver/Picatinny Rail
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > UTG Pro Weaver/Picatinny Rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default UTG Pro Weaver/Picatinny Rail

Looking to trade out the stock hand guards for the UTG Pro weaver/ picatinny set. Mind you it's only so I can mount a foregrip and maybe a bipod. I'm not going to be using the rifle to breech any doors or SWAT type stuff it's just for plinking so I don't want to drop 200+ on some mil spec rails. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their UTG rail system? Or any other recommendations under $100.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #2

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

You might look at MOE handguards with rail sections or other mounts. Cheaper, lighter and better than UTG.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #3

Thanks Quentin I'll check em out.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

MOE w/ mounts from www.impactweaponscomponents.com. They have everything from bi-pod mounts to light mounts, sling mounts and hand stops that will fit the MOE w/o all those bulky rail pieces.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
MOE w/ mounts from www.impactweaponscomponents.com. They have everything from bi-pod mounts to light mounts, sling mounts and hand stops that will fit the MOE w/o all those bulky rail pieces.
Thanks it was a hell of a lot easier when it was just issued to me....lol

Member:

Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Thanks it was a hell of a lot easier when it was just issued to me....lol
Not for me. I am not a happy camper when I can't move things around to my liking and 550 cord tie downs suck. Good times but glad they are over.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Not for me. I am not a happy camper when I can't move things around to my liking and 550 cord tie downs suck. Good times but glad they are over.
I got medically retired 7 years before I hit my 20 and it's only been 7 months since I retired so I'm still trying to get use to being a civilian and this crazy civilian world.

Member:

Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I got medically retired 7 years before I hit my 20 and it's only been 7 months since I retired so I'm still trying to get use to being a civilian and this crazy civilian world.
I can kind of relate. I didn't do near that long but ETS'd shortly after getting back in country. I remember staring into my closet not knowing what do do next because nobody had specified PTs or BDUs/DCUs. It's an odd feeling.

But anyway please don't take this wrong but stay the hell away from UTG. If you need anything Quentin is a level headed guy w/ a bunch of know how. Or if you want PM me about the IWC stuff. I have ordered a decent amount of things from the guy. The CS is great. He goes as far as to write a handwritten thank you on each invoice. IWC has a great standing on a lot of forums.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #9

Quote:
I can kind of relate. I didn't do near that long but ETS'd shortly after getting back in country. I remember staring into my closet not knowing what do do next because nobody had specified PTs or BDUs/DCUs. It's an odd feeling.

But anyway please don't take this wrong but stay the hell away from UTG. If you need anything Quentin is a level headed guy w/ a bunch of know how. Or if you want PM me about the IWC stuff. I have ordered a decent amount of things from the guy. The CS is great. He goes as far as to write a handwritten thank you on each invoice. IWC has a great standing on a lot of forums.
Not at all that's why I asked it seemed too good to be true and I'm looking through their products now. Do the Magpul rails allow for mil spec accessories to be mounted?

Member:

Last edited by silverado113; 02-13-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

What do you need to attach? I'm just sitting here wondering why I've wasted the day and would be happy to help

-John Ruskin

Quote: