Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   UTG Pro Weaver/Picatinny Rail (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/utg-pro-weaver-picatinny-rail-57600/)

silverado113 02-13-2012 01:10 AM

UTG Pro Weaver/Picatinny Rail

Looking to trade out the stock hand guards for the UTG Pro weaver/ picatinny set. Mind you it's only so I can mount a foregrip and maybe a bipod. I'm not going to be using the rifle to breech any doors or SWAT type stuff it's just for plinking so I don't want to drop 200+ on some mil spec rails. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their UTG rail system? Or any other recommendations under $100.

Quentin 02-13-2012 01:27 AM

You might look at MOE handguards with rail sections or other mounts. Cheaper, lighter and better than UTG.

silverado113 02-13-2012 01:50 AM

Thanks Quentin I'll check em out.

mjkeat 02-13-2012 01:53 AM

MOE w/ mounts from www.impactweaponscomponents.com. They have everything from bi-pod mounts to light mounts, sling mounts and hand stops that will fit the MOE w/o all those bulky rail pieces.

silverado113 02-13-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 706850)
MOE w/ mounts from www.impactweaponscomponents.com. They have everything from bi-pod mounts to light mounts, sling mounts and hand stops that will fit the MOE w/o all those bulky rail pieces.

Thanks it was a hell of a lot easier when it was just issued to me....lol

mjkeat 02-13-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 706866)
Thanks it was a hell of a lot easier when it was just issued to me....lol

Not for me. I am not a happy camper when I can't move things around to my liking and 550 cord tie downs suck. Good times but glad they are over.:D

silverado113 02-13-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 706878)
Not for me. I am not a happy camper when I can't move things around to my liking and 550 cord tie downs suck. Good times but glad they are over.:D

I got medically retired 7 years before I hit my 20 and it's only been 7 months since I retired so I'm still trying to get use to being a civilian and this crazy civilian world.

mjkeat 02-13-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 706884)
I got medically retired 7 years before I hit my 20 and it's only been 7 months since I retired so I'm still trying to get use to being a civilian and this crazy civilian world.

I can kind of relate. I didn't do near that long but ETS'd shortly after getting back in country. I remember staring into my closet not knowing what do do next because nobody had specified PTs or BDUs/DCUs. It's an odd feeling.

But anyway please don't take this wrong but stay the hell away from UTG. If you need anything Quentin is a level headed guy w/ a bunch of know how. Or if you want PM me about the IWC stuff. I have ordered a decent amount of things from the guy. The CS is great. He goes as far as to write a handwritten thank you on each invoice. IWC has a great standing on a lot of forums.

silverado113 02-13-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 706891)
I can kind of relate. I didn't do near that long but ETS'd shortly after getting back in country. I remember staring into my closet not knowing what do do next because nobody had specified PTs or BDUs/DCUs. It's an odd feeling.

But anyway please don't take this wrong but stay the hell away from UTG. If you need anything Quentin is a level headed guy w/ a bunch of know how. Or if you want PM me about the IWC stuff. I have ordered a decent amount of things from the guy. The CS is great. He goes as far as to write a handwritten thank you on each invoice. IWC has a great standing on a lot of forums.

Not at all that's why I asked it seemed too good to be true and I'm looking through their products now. Do the Magpul rails allow for mil spec accessories to be mounted?

mjkeat 02-13-2012 02:34 AM

What do you need to attach? I'm just sitting here wondering why I've wasted the day and would be happy to help :)