Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Upper/Lower reciever question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Good Uppers:

BCM
Daniel Defence
Noveske
Colt
Spikes
Knights Armament
LMT
LWRC
Thanx, I'll look into these man.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #22

So what about lower part kits?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #23

Liked 730 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Stag/CMT is a very good LPK, the best for the money I'd say. You can find DPMS for $5-10 less but the Stag trigger is crisper and you get the preferred unnotched hammer.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

AR stoner and Double Star parts kits are of similar quality to that of DPMS (slightly better in my opinion) and are often on sale at Midway USA for $50-$60. Have fun!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Or you can look at a diagram and build the parts individually, which can work out well if you plan on using a different grip than what would come in the kit. I bought a kit and have ended up either modifying or changing out each individual part.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
Or you can look at a diagram and build the parts individually, which can work out well if you plan on using a different grip than what would come in the kit. I bought a kit and have ended up either modifying or changing out each individual part.
Thanx for all the good info and support guys. I think I'm ready to make out my shopping list. Will post my list before I buy and let you guys criteque it and check that I didn't miss aything.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
I've done the same thing to my lowers, but now I have spares for most parts. It came in handy last weekend. You never know when you might need something. . .

Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought a parts kit from a machine shop in Washington that's making em for my local black rifle store. I have ended up either changing or modifying every single component in the kit. It would have been easier to just piece it together. Every spring has been cut or bent. The pins are the bolt in "non walking" type. Everything in the trigger assembly has been polished. I threw out the stock plastic A2 grip in favor of an Ergo grip with the palm shelf.

Thats what I love the most about this platform. So many options. That, and the fact I can put ten rounds into a .75" dot at 100 yards off a bench with regularity.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #29

Quote:
I bought a parts kit from a machine shop in Washington that's making em for my local black rifle store. I have ended up either changing or modifying every single component in the kit. It would have been easier to just piece it together. Every spring has been cut or bent. The pins are the bolt in "non walking" type. Everything in the trigger assembly has been polished. I threw out the stock plastic A2 grip in favor of an Ergo grip with the palm shelf.

Thats what I love the most about this platform. So many options. That, and the fact I can put ten rounds into a .75" dot at 100 yards off a bench with regularity.
Now that's what I'm talkin bout! Not the thread, your new prof. pic! Just kiddin LOL. Good info from everyone! Can't wait to get started!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I only pic the best avatars. Gives me something pleasant to look at every time I post something.