upper help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > upper help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default upper help

i just wanna know where i can get an ar-15 upper online for less than about $400 anny suggestions

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsniper View Post
i just wanna know where i can get an ar-15 upper online for less than about $400 anny suggestions
To be honest man, I would build up from a stripped. I got a spikes blemmished for 80 bucks, a great barrel for 200 shipped, found a carbine hand guard (pretty good one) for 50, gas block for 25, then all the other parts MINUS the bcg for less than 50. You will spend a little more, but you will spread it out over a little time and end up with exactly what you want. Just my opinion.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsniper View Post
BCM has uppers for $399

AIMs has complete Spikes uppers for $499

You can search the markets places on some of the AR sites for a good, used upper as well.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 AM   #4

Got this one myself but it doesn't include the BCG or Charging Handle (for that price _ that's optional), which is good if you want to build your own the way you want it, also came with the old style triangular cap which is another piece for the parts bin, but here ya go - Here's the Link:
BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group

Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
To be honest man, I would build up from a stripped. I got a spikes blemmished for 80 bucks, a great barrel for 200 shipped, founod a carbine hand guard (pretty good one) for 50, gas block for 25, then all the other parts MINUS the bcg for less than 50. You will spend a little more, but you will spread it out over a little time and end up with exactly what you want. Just my opinion.
check out Russell Tactical Arms

Old 04-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #6

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
BCM has uppers for $399

AIMs has complete Spikes uppers for $499
Good advice, it's hard to beat BCM but it will cost a little more than the Spikes. Really, it's pretty hard to get a complete upper of quality for $400.

Salisbury, NC, huh... I was born there!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.