Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Upper Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

Default Upper Advice

I'm trying to decide on a Upper to order tonight. I've narrowed it to PSA and BCM. My main question: Is BCM worth the extra $100 over the PSA? Both are 16" Mid-length with 1:7 twist. I figure I better order one tonight before something possibly changes.

Thoughts

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm

$439 from BCM

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/16/psa-16-mid-length-cl-mp-premium-upper.html

$359 from PSA

Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #3

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

BCM has a better rep, faster shipping and better customer service.

PSA has all the right specs, better price point, slow shipping (they are suuuuper popular), and hard to reach customer service.

these points are facts. Value is a judgement call what's a $100 to you?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
BCM has a better rep, faster shipping and better customer service.

PSA has all the right specs, better price point, slow shipping (they are suuuuper popular), and hard to reach customer service.

these points are facts. Value is a judgement call what's a $100 to you?
Right now, $100 is a lot. I still need a LBK, BCG and charging handle to complete one lower. The second lower is going to be a 20" or 24" Target rifle.

Not worried about how long it takes to ship so much as I am reliability and longevity. I've heard good things about both. Was just wondering if BCM is $100 better than PSA? The specs seem pretty much identical.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #5

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 692

I have BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA uppers and am impressed with PSA's quality for the money. I'd say BCM is worth $100 more but no way you're making a poor choice with PSA. All three uppers work equally well, I'm confident with each one. Choose the upper that fits your budget and timetable best.

I sorta compromised and put a BCM BCG and a Daniel Defense charging handle in my PSA upper. Actually that was done because PSA was out of stock so I ordered from BCM and had the spare CH!

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 48

+1 to what AT said. $100 more is dang sure worthy for a better reputation and faster service! If you aren't in hurry and in a tight budget, PSA would be your better choice.

Once again if i were you, i'd go with BCM!