Upgraded BCG - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Upgraded BCG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 697 Times on 360 Posts

And I totally agree!!! Thanks!!! Can you please point me to a website that has them in stock??? Ok, now let's talk about upgraded ones for those of us that would like to purchase something now. Not trying to be Richard Cranium here but you can't get a Bravo company right now or anything else similar, what's the next best thing. I already bought but maybe someone else would like to know...

Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #12

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Thanks for everyone's input however the post was asking about upgraded BCG's not standard M16 phosphate ones. Anyway like I just said I ordered the black rain, now my only worry is not having to work too hard on a buffer weight to get it to cycle properly.
The thing is about these hyped BCGs, many times you are paying twice as much but actually downgrading. I'd get on BCM's mailing list and jump on it when they notify you. Since you already have a BCG it's not like you have to have it yesterday.

How much is the Black Rain and what to they claim?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 697 Times on 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

The thing is about these hyped BCGs, many times you are paying twice as much but actually downgrading. I'd get on BCM's mailing list and jump on it when they notify you. Since you already have a BCG it's not like you have to have it yesterday.

How much is the Black Rain and what to they claim?
Actually I don't already have a BCG, that's why I ordered the black rain. It's just over $200, I know it's expensive but better than nothing at all. I will be completing my rifle before Christmas and didn't want a thousand dollar paper weight...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #14

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Sorry, I thought you had one already.

I looked at the BR, they're short on specs but it looks pretty good and you're desperate. This is a tough time to find a milspec BCG and ROGTAC will treat you right so let us know what you think of the BR. I'm not expecting any trouble but I do think we're talking snake oil and country club BCGs.

By great specs, I'm thinking of what BCM publishes (below) and wonder why the "upscale makers are so silent when it comes to specs":

•Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel
•HPT Bolt (High Pressure Tested/ Proof)
•MPI Bolt (Magnetic Particle Inspected)
•Shot Peened Bolt
•Chrome Lined Carrier (AUTO)
•Chrome Lined Gas Key
•Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications
•Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
•Key Staked Per Mil-Spec
•Tool Steel Extractor
•BCM Extractor Spring
•Black Extractor Insert
•Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

ZeusEcho Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
And I totally agree!!! Thanks!!! Can you please point me to a website that has them in stock??? Ok, now let's talk about upgraded ones for those of us that would like to purchase something now. Not trying to be Richard Cranium here but you can't get a Bravo company right now or anything else similar, what's the next best thing. I already bought but maybe someone else would like to know...
Just sign up for the email notice on the BCM (or other) BCG. They go into stock often so if you pay attention to your email you should be able to snag one soon. Even allot of the coated ones are out of stock often as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ