Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Update: new eotech n 3x mag (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/update-new-eotech-n-3x-mag-72541/)

glockmania 09-16-2012 06:54 PM

Update: new eotech n 3x mag
 
4 Attachment(s)
Just bought new optics for my first build. The xps2-0 n PSA 3x magnifier. Still haven't been able to go to the range :( but next week will have the range report. Can't wait any longer



Attachment 59012

Any advise on distance from mounting. And so forth would be appreciated. Thx

AgentTikki 09-17-2012 12:29 AM

Think your magnifier is a bit far forward.

Eye relief on those suckers is pretty terrible. Can you sight through it standing freehand? Might want to sort that out before heading to the range.

Also try zeroing your sights by taking off your upper and sighting through the barrel before getting through the range. Will have you a bit on ammo and get you on paper first shot.

PrimePorkchop 09-17-2012 12:36 AM

I got my EXPS2-0 with the 3x LER zoom from Primary Arms as well...loving it!

It looks like you go the mount for your zoom that flips tot he side though? How is that working out? They were sold out when I got my optics, but REALLY want that flip tot he side mount....

edit to add: If you have the LER (long eye relief) then you have ti mounted about where I have mine, and it's in a perfect position :D

USEBOTHHANDS 09-17-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockmania (Post 943210)
Just bought new optics for my first build. The xps2-0 n PSA 3x magnifier. Still haven't been able to go to the range :( but next week will have the range report. Can't wait any longer



Attachment 59012

Any advise on distance from mounting. And so forth would be appreciated. Thx


what is that directly under the EO reticle? it looks kinda like your front BUS with possibly a tritium dot in the center, but idk.......kinda like a Star Wars Tie Bomber. :D

if so, then line your EO reticle up left and right with it.....as for up and down, well, how close is your BUS?

glockmania 09-17-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki
Think your magnifier is a bit far forward.

Eye relief on those suckers is pretty terrible. Can you sight through it standing freehand? Might want to sort that out before heading to the range.

Also try zeroing your sights by taking off your upper and sighting through the barrel before getting through the range. Will have you a bit on ammo and get you on paper first shot.

Yeah I should of just spent the extra $30 on the ler. Idk why I didn't. Wonder if I can switch it out if I call em. If it ain't to late. I can site thru but pretty damn close to it

So take the upper off n how do I go bout that. Mayb I can YouTube it.

glockmania 09-17-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
I got my EXPS2-0 with the 3x LER zoom from Primary Arms as well...loving it!

It looks like you go the mount for your zoom that flips tot he side though? How is that working out? They were sold out when I got my optics, but REALLY want that flip tot he side mount....

edit to add: If you have the LER (long eye relief) then you have ti mounted about where I have mine, and it's in a perfect position :D

No bro. I don't know why I didn't go with the ler. Jumped the gun to quick. Thinkn bout getting a fts mount. Just got the qd

glockmania 09-17-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

what is that directly under the EO reticle? it looks kinda like your front BUS with possibly a tritium dot in the center, but idk.......kinda like a Star Wars Tie Bomber. :D

if so, then line your EO reticle up left and right with it.....as for up and down, well, how close is your BUS?

Yeah my front buis is up w the eotech.

I got a 9 " omega rail. So my buis is as far as it will go on Tge rail

glockmania 09-17-2012 07:04 PM

Just bought a laser bore sighter. It worked out great for zeroing in. Next step is the range might go today. :)

glockmania 09-17-2012 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 59365

Finally went to the range. Indoor tho. So only bout 30/35 yrds. :( Just went to zero in the eotech. No magnifier today. The laser bore was ok still had to adjust a few clicks. But after that. It went straight down the middle. Only 20 rounds.after I zeroed in. Just a short lil visit :(

Loving this eotech. Can't wait to put a couple hundred rounds down range when I get a chance.

sdiver35 09-18-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockmania

Finally went to the range. Indoor tho. So only bout 30/35 yrds. :( Just went to zero in the eotech. No magnifier today. The laser bore was ok still had to adjust a few clicks. But after that. It went straight down the middle. Only 20 rounds.after I zeroed in. Just a short lil visit :(

Loving this eotech. Can't wait to put a couple hundred rounds down range when I get a chance.

Good job! They are great little devices.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.