Update on my AR Trigger issue....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Update on my AR Trigger issue....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Default Update on my AR Trigger issue....

A few weeks ago, I posted about a trigger issue on my new PSA lower... here is the original thread: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/new-ar-trigger-issue-input-appreciated-94440/

I thought I would update everyone since I'm still in the midst of it (sorry for the length of the post). Disclaimer: I am recounting this by memory and I do not have all of the dates and times committed to memory so I may be off by a day or three in my description of this issue.

I still wasn't happy with the action of the FCG, I emailed PSA when I first noticed the problem (as their website said to do) the next day I received an automated email stating that they had received my email and would respond within 2 or 3 days. About 2 weeks later I still hadn't heard anything so I emailed them again. The next day I received the same automated response.

About 4 days later I received two emails telling me to call their customer service department. I was busy with life and didn't call them for a few days. I finally got ahold of their Cust. Svc. by phone and when I explained the malfunction they young lady told me they seemed to have gotten a batch of FCG's that were problematic.

She said they would issue a pick up label and would fix the problem at their expense. I asked if they couldn't just send me a new FCG for me to install. She said they preferred to fix it in house because if I fixed it it would void any warranty. I explained that I didn't want my lower to get lost in the black hole of warranty work and end up with an extended absence of my new friend.

She assured me that it should only take about a week and a half including shipping both ways. I boxed it up and sent it off to them on Aug. 27th. This past Friday, after not hearing anything from them, I emailed the CS representative that I spoke with on the phone. As of early this afternoon I still had not heard anything from them.

About 4 this afternoon I started calling them. After about 10 minutes on hold I left a voice mail. Just a few minutes later I received a call back from a different young lady than the one I had been speaking with. She told me she needed to verify which FFL I wanted my lower shipped to. I explained that they should NOT have to send to a FFL because it was warranty work and I had already signed for this piece and filled out all of my paperwork.

She then said that they were going to be shipping me a NEW complete lower, because of the problems with mine. This made me uneasy... maybe without cause, but I was uneasy just the same. She said she needed to check with the people actually doing the work and would call me back.

A few minutes later she called me and said that there had been a misunderstanding and that their "serviceman" (don't remember if that was the exact term she used) said as soon as he could "find" my lower they would put the parts in and get it out to me immediately - and I would be receiving an email from the CS manager tomorrow.

I will update this post as things move forward. This is not a "trash PSA" post, I am just trying to recount the facts the best I can remember them. Every one I spoke with from PSA was polite and apologetic about the situation. I am withholding judgement at this point as to the whole situation. I hope it is resolved RAPIDLY and to my satisfaction. I also hope they include a nice "extra" for my troubles.

Again sorry for the length of this post, I just thought this information might be appreciated. If it's not, then just carry on and ignore me... lol!

RJ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5994 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Wonder if they were willing to pay the transfer fee for the ffl...

Customer service is important to me and that doesn't sound like good results. I wish you luck.

Normally when you part a gun diy it build it in your basement that sort of thing you get no warranty. When I built my bcm carbine I ordered all the parts seperately put it all together myself. And mysteriously had a fail to last round lock back. Puzzling as hell. Sent a email to bcm about it. Two emails later they sent a rmr number for the rifle. It didn't matter to them I built it ground up but all bcm parts.

48 hours after mailing I got a call from their guys explaining it was the magpul bad lever causing the problem. I had the gun back 48 hours later.

Anyway my point is customer service is only something you can quantify by the experience of others until you need it.

Some of the companies I've had steller cs help from are :

Vortex, leupold, bravo company, springfield armory, ruger

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

RevJammer Likes This 
Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #3

Ok... new update... I was supposed to get an email today from the CS Mgr. As of 4:30 this afternoon I had not received one. I called them back and was told that they had fixed MY original lower and it shipped already.

Then a little while later I got the email with my tracking information. It should be here tomorrow.

Will let you know.

RJ

ETA: I went to UPS to track the package and here is what it said...

Location Date Time Activity
West Columbia, SC, United States 11/09/2013 7:48 P.M. Origin Scan

This tells me that it actually shipped on the 9th (unless I am misunderstanding UPS), which means that for the past 2 days that I have been talking to them on the phone, my package had already been shipped.

Is this a big deal to anyone but me? They didn't even know when/if it was repaired/shipped?

Last edited by RevJammer; 09-12-2013 at 03:44 AM.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

When a shipping label is created it goes into the ups system and ups tells you a shipping label was created. Some companies do it via automated system that when an item goes into repair and is being worked on they create the shipping label then. It may still take a bit before the work is done the item packaged and then ups picking it up.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

RevJammer Likes This 
Old 09-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #5

I could see that... but how often will they ship from South Carolina today and it get delivered to NW Georgia tomorrow?

Like I said... I'm not blasting them... just trying to get a grip on it.

So far everyone has still been great to work with at PSA, once I actually get ahold of them....

RJ

Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Probably will be there . Ups estimates are almost never wrong.

Someone over 18 will have to sign for it as its a firearm. Ups won't leave it at the door

RevJammer Likes This 
Old 09-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #7

Appreciate the info... I will be ready for it! Then Friday morning... TO THE RANGE!

I asked if there would be some premium included for my time and trouble... original CS lady said they might include a hat or a coozy... lol... I told her I REALLY needed a BUIS... she said she would see what she could do.

Curious (and hopeful) to see what I get!

RJ

Old 09-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Bcm sent me a hat a buttload of stickers and a sniper competition dvd which is pretty cool the wife even watched it through with me.

People Like This 
Old 09-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #9

No delivery today.... RJ is NOT a happy camper... email sent. Follow with phone call tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #10

It finally came today. After a round of emails to and from PSA customer service, I am satisfied that they took care of me very well.

Now just gotta find time to get to the range!

Thanks JonM and Axx for keeping up!

RJ