Update Cammenga Easy Mag
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Update Cammenga Easy Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6724 Times on 3580 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Default Update Cammenga Easy Mag

took the 458 socom RRA midlength to the range today along with the easy mags. the socom does NOT like these mags. i had numerous fail to feeds across the board with all the easymags. switched to standard AR milsups no problems. i will be reserving the easy mags for .223/5.56 only. the socom rounds would lodge with the nose of the bullet above the chamber 2 or 3 times per mag.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is NOT good to hear. Please forward your findings to Cammenga as they would definitely be interested to hear the results and may have already discovered a solution.

I apologize for recommending them for this application. For 5.56mm they work great for me but I don't, as yet, own a .458

JD

Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That is NOT good to hear. Please forward your findings to Cammenga as they would definitely be interested to hear the results and may have already discovered a solution.

I apologize for recommending them for this application. For 5.56mm they work great for me but I don't, as yet, own a .458

JD
you didnt recomend em for 458socom i put em to the purpose.

im really pleased with em for 5.56 they are flawless. ill take one to the range next time take a pic of the jam and send it to em.

there are couple of other folks here that have socoms and easy mags i hope some of them reply and see if they too are having problems or its just my particular loads.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #4

Perhaps they are aware and have a different follower for .458?

I am glad that you found them valuable for the 5.56mm platform though.

I would definitely contact them.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

i will. but i dont wanna buy another part just for the 458 i dont shoot it that much. i got over 100 milsurp mags that work fine. most are battlefield pickups my best bud sent me from iraq.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #6

JonM,
Not to hijack the thread or anything like that, but your signature Pic of the donkey doing what evere it is it is doing? Is that a sticker, I NEED ONE!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #7

I am just wondering if they have a fix or not. If the mags won't feed the .458 correctly, that is a BIG deal. For all their benefits (construction, material and ease of use) if they don't work for other calibers, that is a really big deal.

The .458 is a popular caliber right now. If the mags don't feed it, people need to know that, or they need to know that Cammenga has a fix available.

If you want, I'll call them and talk to them about it.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I am just wondering if they have a fix or not. If the mags won't feed the .458 correctly, that is a BIG deal. For all their benefits (construction, material and ease of use) if they don't work for other calibers, that is a really big deal.

The .458 is a popular caliber right now. If the mags don't feed it, people need to know that, or they need to know that Cammenga has a fix available.

If you want, I'll call them and talk to them about it.
you can if you want but ill send a email tonite after dinner

Old 03-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysKJ View Post
JonM,
Not to hijack the thread or anything like that, but your signature Pic of the donkey doing what evere it is it is doing? Is that a sticker, I NEED ONE!!!!!!
its the democrat donkey sticking its head up its @ss. i found it on the interweb dunno if its a sticker or not lol

Old 03-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

I just picked up a Cammenga. Pretty cool design! I hope to try it out next weekend...

I like your avatar too, JonM...
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek