under $500 complete upper? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > under $500 complete upper?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shooter89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 42
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
Shooter89

You do realize that these uppers DO NOT come with the BCG which will cost you an additional $130.00 to $200.00????

Jim
when i first started the thread i didn't, but i do now.
__________________
WIN AN ST LOWER: http://goo.gl/YU0LGC
WIN AN AR-15: http://goo.gl/gWPmfX
Shooter89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter89 View Post
when i first started the thread i didn't, but i do now.
You'll need a bolt carrier group, and a charging handle.

For the BCG, I recommend a BCM (full auto) BCG. They are very well made. They made be a little hard to find though. Before the panic, they are about $140-$160. Now they are about $180-$200. You MAY be able to find one closer to pre panic prices if you shop around.

In case your wondering why I suggested you get a full auto BCG vs a semi auto, a full auto BCG is heavier than the semi auto BCG. This means it will travel slower, and thus be a little more reliable.

As for the charging handle, I use a BCM gunfighter with a medium latch. A LOT of people swear by them.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID= 445
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shooter89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 42
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
You'll need a bolt carrier group, and a charging handle.

For the BCG, I recommend a BCM (full auto) BCG. They are very well made. They made be a little hard to find though. Before the panic, they are about $140-$160. Now they are about $180-$200. You MAY be able to find one closer to pre panic prices if you shop around.

In case your wondering why I suggested you get a full auto BCG vs a semi auto, a full auto BCG is heavier than the semi auto BCG. This means it will travel slower, and thus be a little more reliable.

As for the charging handle, I use a BCM gunfighter with a medium latch. A LOT of people swear by them.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID= 445
thanks a lot for the suggestions.

for an extra $219, BCM includes a charging handle and a BCG, but they don't say which one. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm
__________________
WIN AN ST LOWER: http://goo.gl/YU0LGC
WIN AN AR-15: http://goo.gl/gWPmfX
Shooter89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter89 View Post
thanks a lot for the suggestions.

for an extra $219, BCM includes a charging handle and a BCG, but they don't say which one. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm
No problem.

Shoot them an email. They'll let you know.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Complete upper...help! DickTheNickhead AR-15 Discussion 3 06-23-2013 08:36 PM
AIM has DD V3 upper or complete! okdonk AR-15 Discussion 6 04-26-2012 12:59 AM
Where to buy complete upper minchia AR-15 Discussion 14 02-29-2012 01:07 AM
WTS: Chiappa M4-22 Complete Upper with 1 mag $349.99 Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 3 06-18-2010 08:07 PM
What's it worth: AR 15 Complete Upper Vertiviper AR-15 Discussion 4 02-16-2009 12:00 PM