Two stage trigger? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Two stage trigger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Nothing to add that hasn't been said. A good single stage or a "worked" inexpensive one will give you the consistent break you want for basic plinking and short range recreational shooting. It's basically a personal preference at the yardage you cited. Longer distance or competitive shooting is a different story but even then a two stage wouldn't be mandatory, depends on how "tactile" your fingers are.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Goju - for your application you don't need to spend the extra cash. A stock GI with a small amount of very mild stonework between hammer and trigger and you will be double fine for your application.

JD (in Houston )

Last edited by Dillinger; 05-16-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2548 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

Brain,

My favorite is the Rock River 2 Stage. If you shop around you probably can find one for $80-100. I would suggest you go to a gun shop or one of the shows and find a dealer that has a Rock River Rifle with the two stage and see if you like it. Also keeping in mind that when they are brand new they will lap in even smoother after a hundred rounds or so. Also try the reset on it after the first pull! I also have a single stage JP Trigger in my 6.5 Grendel that I like real well. But I believe it is more expensive than the RRA 2 Stage. I got it with the rifle so I did not buy it aftermarket.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 AM   #14
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

I guess I just got spoiled after shooting my RRA varminter with the NM 2 stage trigger.I have installed them in my other 2 AR's.
There are many nice single stage triggers out there,as well as just working over a factory trigger.
I have shot AR's with Jewell,JP,Jard,Geissele,and Timney.All are great triggers,but for the money,I'll stick with the RRA NM 2 stage.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Goju - for your application you don't need to spend the extra cash. A stock GI with a small amount of very mild stonework between hammer and trigger and you will be double fine for your application.

JD (in Houston )
This is what I'm thinking.

Thanks for all the thoughts and replies everyone.