Two new German AR15s - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Two new German AR15s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Y'all can own guns in Germany?
That confused me too as I lived in germany for years
he is stationed there so I guess its different.

But I understand germans can have guns if they pass the equivalent of our NFA rules and they must keep them locked up on a range or gunclub.

But I am willing (eager even) to be educated otherwise.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #12
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez

That confused me too as I lived in germany for years
he is stationed there so I guess its different.

But I understand germans can have guns if they pass the equivalent of our NFA rules and they must keep them locked up on a range or gunclub.

But I am willing (eager even) to be educated otherwise.
You can own your own guns when you're in the military?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

You have to have a hunting license or competition license. You have to have an approved safe. Gun ownership is regulated heavily over here. I live on the economy, so I do not worry about some commanders' pet peeves about firearms in housing. Yes, troops do own their own guns and I know individuals who deploy with them. Glocks, P226s etc

Old 03-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here is an older post to a question. It explains hunting licenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian
How is hunting regulated in germany? Can you hunt bear?

In Norway we have to have a special permission. Ecologist work out how many bears can be shot each year, so there is a limit on how many permissions are given.
Hunting license courses can take a year and is expensive. You need to know biology, conservation, weapon and hunting laws, history, weapon and caliber history, correct caliber for hunting different game, hunting culture, hunting language, diseases and parasites, how to process the animals. The test takes all day. You also have to take a shooting test with pistol, rifle, and shotgun. There are five disciplines with a percent to hit. It involves running targets at 100 meters with the rifle. The shotgun also has a running rabbit and clay shooting. Once again there is a percentage of shots. The shooting test is effing hard! I bet most Leos would fail. There are state and private Reviers. Everything costs and is regulated. Hunting is still for the rich in Germany, I am not rich. You still pay for the meat even if you shoot the animal (oay revier owner)If you own hunting rights on the revier it could cost between 500 to 1000€ a year, but you keep what you shoot. Each revier owner has a harvest plan that must be met. If game from a revier damages land in surrounding community, the revier owner must pay damages. Boar damage a lot of farms. We can not hunt bear.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here is another post,

In Germany we have to keep our guns in a safe with the ammo in a different compartment. If we do have time to get every together, we have to follow a certain order of events. First we warn we are going to shoot. Then we have to shoot the ground. Then we can shoot the intruder. I would start with step three and work my way up . Also if the intruder has a knife, I have to use a knife. Or bat, etc...That is why I have pepper spray bullets in one of my Sigs magazines. I am very good with bladed weapons like our katanas too, as well as my kids. I taught my kids to protect themselves at an early age. To bad we have to teach them to lethally fight adults, says a lot about our world today. Oh, only competition shooters and hunters can own guns and everything is very expensive with lots of red tape.