Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > True Confession: I am an Ignorant Toad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 05:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Roger that! One vote for Del-Ton coming up!

Current Tally (59 votes total):

Bushmaster ----------------7
Stag ----------------------7
Rock River Armaments ------6
Smith & Wesson -----------6
Armalite -------------------5
DPMS/Panther -------------5
Hybrid ---------------------3
Colt -----------------------2
Del-Ton -------------------2
Knight Armaments Company -2
Lewis Machine & Tool ------2
Barrett --------------------1
Bravo Company ------------1
CMMG ---------------------1
Daniel Defense -------------1
High Standard -------------1
Land Warfare Resource Corp-1
LaRue ----------------------1
Noveske -------------------1
Ruger ----------------------1
Sig Sauer ------------------1
USGI Retro -----------------1
Yankee Hill Manufacturing ---1

Last edited by moshpit; 07-07-2010 at 05:06 AM.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
you might also take into consideration that most of the voters are just regular "joes", and not in the high-roller, operator, LEO, former-mil-types, or daddy-big-bucks categories. So most can't afford to just go out and pick up those brands off the shelf at the local shop

That being said, where is Spikes, or CMMG, or Fulton Armory, or Sabre Defence, or DSA, or Les Baer, or Wilson Combat, or Rainier Tactical, or Mega Machine,?? Add a few votes would ya?
LOL, you only get one, but I'll gladly make it which ever one ya want

Also, Sabre Defense and Wilson Combat are actually in the poll choices on the forum this poll is based at, but nobody's voted for them yet.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
you might also take into consideration that most of the voters are just regular "joes", and not in the high-roller, operator, LEO, former-mil-types, or daddy-big-bucks categories. So most can't afford to just go out and pick up those brands off the shelf at the local shop

That being said, where is Spikes, or CMMG, or Fulton Armory, or Sabre Defence, or DSA, or Les Baer, or Wilson Combat, or Rainier Tactical, or Mega Machine,?? Add a few votes would ya?
That was the question I was trying to articulate. I was curious as to the demographic of the people taking the poll. Thank you for clearing that up. And just for my sake I purchase my firearms with $ from working O/T. Ive been working roughly 20hrs of o/t a week for 2 years in construction. Its something that is coming to an end however. I think I have burnt myself out and will be going back to school for a nice "inside" job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Now keep in mind, this poll is still in a majorly early state, and should be taken with gratuitous salt amounts until we reach the 1000th vote at which point I would consider it somewhat indicative of a broad enough group to give some reliable results. Would you like me to add in a vote of your choice? Just sound off with what you want and I can add it into the main tally list. I've been adding in votes to this poll from 2 other forums and Facebook's AR15 page so far.
Add LWRC, Quentin Defence, Spikes, Colt, LMT, Knight Armament and BCM for me please :grin:

Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Add LWRC, Quentin Defence, Spikes, Colt, LMT, Knight Armament and BCM for me please :grin:
Well hold up there, Cowboy! Which one do you want? I love every one of those brands you just mentioned too, but we all get only one vote or I'd be dropping all 7 of my votes into Knight Armament

Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Well hold up there, Cowboy! Which one do you want? I love every one of those brands you just mentioned too, but we all get only one vote or I'd be dropping all 7 of my votes into Knight Armament
THat would be 7 great votes :lol: . If I only get one Ill go for the one I personaly have the most time w/ as a civilian, LWRC. Thank you mosh.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
THat would be 7 great votes :lol: . If I only get one Ill go for the one I personaly have the most time w/ as a civilian, LWRC. Thank you mosh.
Vote for LWRC tally ho!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #27

Liked 732 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Well heck Mosh, I'll cast my vote for ArmaLite. Not necessarily because they're the best today but because that's the upper I have on my M&P-15 lower and I want to pull them ahead of DPMS.

Anyway when I bought year ago they had the best deal on a midlength upper.

I know, I know I'm breaking your rules.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-08-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not breaking any "rules" at all, you want Armalite, you got it!