Troy vtac trx rail - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Troy vtac trx rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just got my 11inch alpha rail is great lightweight rail...best ive had

Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #12

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

All I gotta say is if you intend on taking the gas block off you had best buy damn good punches , I have some good ones but not as small as needed , I bought smaller ones at lowes and those are the biggest POS punches I have ever had in my hands , I bent the 1/8" punch back with my bare hands and mushroomed the 1/4" punch first hit , no way in hell are they hardened . I did get the gas block off but wow that biotch is on there good . Got my Magpul Gen 2 front BUIS , Now just waiting on my handguard to show up so I can get this thing back together and ready to rock and roll .

Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #13

Anyone have a pic of the TRX extreme 15" rail on a 16" barrel ?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:50 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Anyone have a pic of the TRX extreme 15" rail on a 16" barrel ?
Didn't the member larue just put one together?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 04-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #15

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Didn't the member larue just put one together?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/just-ordered-my-upper-60825/index3.html

Scroll down. There it is.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #16

Looks good but thats not the handguard Im looking for VTAC battlerail with the slots instead of the holes

Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
All I gotta say is if you intend on taking the gas block off you had best buy damn good punches , I have some good ones but not as small as needed , I bought smaller ones at lowes and those are the biggest POS punches I have ever had in my hands , I bent the 1/8" punch back with my bare hands and mushroomed the 1/4" punch first hit , no way in hell are they hardened . I did get the gas block off but wow that biotch is on there good . Got my Magpul Gen 2 front BUIS , Now just waiting on my handguard to show up so I can get this thing back together and ready to rock and roll .
IMO, if your just gonna cut the FSB down to fit under the hand guard, take the gas tube out, but just leave it on. When you take it off and re-install it, you run the risk of not aligning the gas block with the gas port. It's harder to do when using a pinned gas block, but can happen. Plus it's a huge pain in the ass getting it off, as you found out.

I cut my FSB down, but just left it on the barrel.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
IMO, if your just gonna cut the FSB down to fit under the hand guard, take the gas tube out, but just leave it on. When you take it off and re-install it, you run the risk of not aligning the gas block with the gas port. It's harder to do when using a pinned gas block, but can happen. Plus it's a huge pain in the ass getting it off, as you found out.

I cut my FSB down, but just left it on the barrel.

-Fred
I was going to do this but decided against it , I really just dont want to take any chances on scratching the barrel . Its really wasnt that bad once I got a good punch that stayed straight on it . I think the key is use a punch thats to big to get it started . I have a 2X2 block with the center routered out to fit the barrel works great , I would like to know how many pouunds of force they use when pressing those in . I watched a few videos of people punching them out and they popped right out . Not these but either way its done . Now anyone recommend a good bluing to use on the cut down block ?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #19

BLahhhh , Just got a call from Troy Ind. and that baby is on back order until the 20th . Oh well . They said they would gladly replace it with something else at a discount if I coundnt wait . I told her I would just have to be patient and wait . Guess Im in no hurry to cut the FSB down now.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You couldn't find it at like midway usa or anywhere else?