Troy mags , any issues using them ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Troy mags , any issues using them ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Default Troy mags , any issues using them ?

Looking at buying more mags, I figure since Im in the middle of a 4 build and have a lower for the 5th I might as well have a few more mags to go with them and want to try something different , unless you guys have a great deal I cant pass up on Pmags some where ? Any issues with Troy mags? I see they have a lifetime warranty so they must be decent
Thanks
PH

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #2

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

If you're looking for PMAGS you may want to try this.

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/Magpul-Industries-Mag-PMAG-223-Rem-556NATO-30Rd-OD-Green-AR-Rifles-MAG211%252dOD.html

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

........I think your averaging a build a month now. Party when you build your dirty dozenth?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Pmags $11.98+ free shipping using coupon code slickmag http://www.slickguns.com/product/magpul-pmag-30rd-magazines-1069-free-shipping

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #5

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Pmags $11.98+ free shipping using coupon code slickmag http://www.slickguns.com/product/magpul-pmag-30rd-magazines-1069-free-shipping
Well, hell. Just post a better deal...

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Thank you very much !!!!

now I know there are some guys using Troy battle mags fill me in

Last edited by purehavoc; 05-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #7

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Thank you very much !!!!

now I know there are some guys using Troy battle mags fill me in
I bought a 3-pack of Battlemags a couple months ago. Couldn't pass them up in a bargain bin NIB for $35. Nicely manufactured, no issues that I can see. They cycle well, operate the BHO and drop freely. They're a little smaller than a PMAG.

No malfunctions but then I don't have a whole lot of rounds through them yet, maybe 90 each. For now they're still with my range magazines but I think they're GTG. On the other hand when you can get PMAGs for $12 I wouldn't pay extra for the Battlemag.

I just picked up a Lancer today, curious about that one too. Hope to take it out this weekend.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I bought a 3-pack of Battlemags a couple months ago. Couldn't pass them up in a bargain bin NIB for $35. Nicely manufactured, no issues that I can see. They cycle well, operate the BHO and drop freely. They're a little smaller than a PMAG.

No malfunctions but then I don't have a whole lot of rounds through them yet, maybe 90 each. For now they're still with my range magazines but I think they're GTG. On the other hand when you can get PMAGs for $12 I wouldn't pay extra for the Battlemag.

I just picked up a Lancer today, curious about that one too. Hope to take it out this weekend.
I ask because I found a local deal on Battle mags for $11 I hate to pass on them ya know , I just wanted to make sure they were GTG. I got caught up in a recent bulk mag purchase and 60% of what I bought was junk didnt want that to happen again

Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #9

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Well that's a good price so why not pick up a few. I think you'll be pleased. If you do let us know what you think.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.