Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Troy mags , any issues using them ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/troy-mags-any-issues-using-them-63697/)

purehavoc 05-02-2012 01:37 PM

Troy mags , any issues using them ?
 
Looking at buying more mags, I figure since Im in the middle of a 4 build and have a lower for the 5th I might as well have a few more mags to go with them and want to try something different , unless you guys have a great deal I cant pass up on Pmags some where ? Any issues with Troy mags? I see they have a lifetime warranty so they must be decent
Thanks
PH

BenLuby 05-02-2012 01:46 PM

If you're looking for PMAGS you may want to try this.

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/Magpul-Industries-Mag-PMAG-223-Rem-556NATO-30Rd-OD-Green-AR-Rifles-MAG211%252dOD.html

AgentTikki 05-02-2012 01:50 PM

........I think your averaging a build a month now. Party when you build your dirty dozenth?

Car54 05-02-2012 01:58 PM

Pmags $11.98+ free shipping using coupon code slickmag http://www.slickguns.com/product/magpul-pmag-30rd-magazines-1069-free-shipping

BenLuby 05-02-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car54 (Post 788198)
Pmags $11.98+ free shipping using coupon code slickmag http://www.slickguns.com/product/magpul-pmag-30rd-magazines-1069-free-shipping

Well, hell. Just post a better deal...

purehavoc 05-02-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car54 (Post 788198)
Pmags $11.98+ free shipping using coupon code slickmag http://www.slickguns.com/product/magpul-pmag-30rd-magazines-1069-free-shipping

Thank you very much !!!!

now I know there are some guys using Troy battle mags fill me in :)

Quentin 05-02-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 788219)
Thank you very much !!!!

now I know there are some guys using Troy battle mags fill me in :)

I bought a 3-pack of Battlemags a couple months ago. Couldn't pass them up in a bargain bin NIB for $35. Nicely manufactured, no issues that I can see. They cycle well, operate the BHO and drop freely. They're a little smaller than a PMAG.

No malfunctions but then I don't have a whole lot of rounds through them yet, maybe 90 each. For now they're still with my range magazines but I think they're GTG. On the other hand when you can get PMAGs for $12 I wouldn't pay extra for the Battlemag.

I just picked up a Lancer today, curious about that one too. Hope to take it out this weekend.

purehavoc 05-02-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 788483)
I bought a 3-pack of Battlemags a couple months ago. Couldn't pass them up in a bargain bin NIB for $35. Nicely manufactured, no issues that I can see. They cycle well, operate the BHO and drop freely. They're a little smaller than a PMAG.

No malfunctions but then I don't have a whole lot of rounds through them yet, maybe 90 each. For now they're still with my range magazines but I think they're GTG. On the other hand when you can get PMAGs for $12 I wouldn't pay extra for the Battlemag.

I just picked up a Lancer today, curious about that one too. Hope to take it out this weekend.

I ask because I found a local deal on Battle mags for $11 I hate to pass on them ya know , I just wanted to make sure they were GTG. I got caught up in a recent bulk mag purchase and 60% of what I bought was junk didnt want that to happen again

Quentin 05-02-2012 08:47 PM

Well that's a good price so why not pick up a few. I think you'll be pleased. If you do let us know what you think.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.