You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Troy Battlemag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was browsing through MidwayUSA the other day and came across the Lancer Systems Advanced Warfighter magazine, and really like the looks of them. They weigh the same as the PMags when empty, but have metal feed lips, which I really like.

I'm gonna incorporate them into the tests as well. So as this point it will be PMag, Troy BattleMags, and the Lancers.

I was thinking about it the other night trying to decide what all I want to do. I'm gonna start off by getting weights on all three, but will then go to doing some actual testing. I've heard complaints about rounds coming out when dropped, so that will definitely be one of the tests, but I'm not sure what else to do. I want to do some reliability testing, maybe putting some sand in them or something. Anyone have any good ideas on tests to do with them?

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

You can do the drop test and reliability testing at the same time. Just drop them in some dust, dirt, sand, or whatever you local has to offer.

Maybe with them in your carrier you can roll around in some mud and other various things. To bad you live in Florida though because it would have been more enjoyable in a colder climate.

Oh yeah I almost forgot that most Afghans don't have plumbing and just crap around their perimeter walls which just happens to be a great place to take cover or find concealment. So in order to make this test valid over a broader consumer base you're going to have to roll around in some poop. lol

But seriously I'm looking forward to the results. I may have to do something similar w/ another piece of equipment.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1826 Times on 1180 Posts
Likes Given: 1769

I'm curious about the Troys too. Also the 60rd Surefires though I doubt I'd go with that many rounds unless I really was in a world of hurt.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm curious about the Troys too. Also the 60rd Surefires though I doubt I'd go with that many rounds unless I really was in a world of hurt.
Indeed. I'm not really sure I want that much weight on my gun either.

The 100 rounders are just insane in my book. I see absolutely no need for them unless you've got a full auto weapon and know you're gonna be in some serious firefights.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well besides some pretty extreme and not really necessary tests i've seen, like shooting them with a 12 gauge slug or runing them over with a truck, you pretty much just have to use them and see how they fair up over time. You can always drop them on purpose or what ever, rub them in the dirt and sand and what not and see how they opperate afterwards

"It's not how big your stick is, it's how hard you swing it."

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?"