Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   tritium front post?! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/tritium-front-post-91090/)

duddie10 05-22-2013 06:10 PM

tritium front post?!

Hey every one. Im looking into getting a tritium front post for my ar15. My main reason is for a night time defencive carbine. I have an aimpoint on it now, but i just want somthing simple no batteries nothing to go wrong. The 2 i was looking at was the trijcon circle front post or the xs tritium front bar by xs sight systems. Any one use them pros, cons? Thanks guys and gals.

sweeper22 05-22-2013 07:07 PM

I have a tritium Troy front sight on one of my ARs. Troy makes good stuff and it's a good sight. It set me back a little north of $100. I would consider myself to be a fan of most of Troy's AR products. I do believe in their product.

All that said, I regret purchasing this sight. The night-site feature really isn't all that practical on an AR from what I've seen. Mine still sits atop that rifle (and I may keep it), but I'd have probably been better served just buying a $40 Magpul flip sight.

Your mileage may vary. It's not a bad product, but not ideal for me at least. If you want one, you might be able to get mine (bought a couple months ago, sitting atop a not yet fired rifle) for a very reduced price.

But my advice is generally going to be Magpul MBUS. Affordable, light, durable, functional.

duddie10 05-22-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1254971)
I have a tritium Troy front sight on one of my ARs. Troy makes good stuff and it's a good sight. It set me back a little north of $100. I would consider myself to be a fan of most of Troy's AR products. I do believe in their product.

All that said, I regret purchasing this sight. The night-site feature really isn't all that practical on an AR from what I've seen. Mine still sits atop that rifle (and I may keep it), but I'd have probably been better served just buying a $40 Magpul flip sight.

Your mileage may vary. It's not a bad product, but not ideal for me at least. If you want one, you might be able to get mine (bought a couple months ago, sitting atop a not yet fired rifle) for a very reduced price.

But my advice is generally going to be Magpul MBUS. Affordable, light, durable, functional.

Intresting. Let me know if you want to part with it. I alos forgot to mention that i still have the A frame front sight. Im most likely going to switch after summers over to a low pro gas block and a troy 15inch alpha.

sweeper22 05-22-2013 07:35 PM

The price would probably be $65 delivered. Might even be able to find the original packaging, etc (not sure). No rush, it's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's unlikely to see much work in the mean time (I have 8 ARs and focus most of my efforts on 2-3 of them). I'm just as happy to keep it as replace it with Magpul.

So my advice is that you take time to research it a little and figure out what exactly will serve you best.

duddie10 05-22-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1254993)
The price would probably be $65 delivered. Might even be able to find the original packaging, etc (not sure). No rush, it's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's unlikely to see much work in the mean time (I have 8 ARs and focus most of my efforts on 2-3 of them). I'm just as happy to keep it as replace it with Magpul.

So my advice is that you take time to research it a little and figure out what exactly will serve you best.

Ok cool. Im def guna start diggin around the web. Thanx